Months of hard work by hundreds of RCCS volunteers, culminated last night with a seven-hour fund-raising marathon, simulcast through teleconference and live streaming. The RCCS live auction performance, which has now become a much anticipated annual event, was all that it claimed it would be, and then some!
Unprecedented amounts of people – including hundreds of patients and thousands of supporters from around the globe, tuned in via their radios, computers and telephones to participate in this momentous display of Kiddush Shem Shomayim.
The evening, co-hosted by Yossi Zweig and Rabbi Yosef C. Golding, boasted a cornucopia of talent, an array of Rabbanim, Aaskanim, musical talent, comedy, inspiration and exhilaration.
A panel of medical experts was on hand to discuss the trauma of a cancer diagnosis, the importance of early screening and detection as well as the consequences of second-hand smoke and the importance of quitting smoking in general.
HaRav Yissocher Frand shlita, Rosh Yeshiva of Ner Yisroel in Baltimore and a staunch supporter of the holy work of RCCS, recorded a special 7 minute message for this evening’s program. Harav Frand discussed the importance of Bikur Cholim, the importance of Davening for Cholei Yisroel and how supporting RCCS is a fulfillment of Bikur Cholim, Chesed, Tzedaka, Shalom Bayis, Talmud Torah and of course Hatzolas Nefashos!
Following Rav Frand, a group of over 20 Tinokos Shel Bais Rabban, led by RCCS committee member Rav Moshe Klein, a noted mohel and sofer, recited Tehilim together, forming a powerful “Tefilah B’Tzibur” including all those listening to the program, which beseeched Avinu Shebashamayim to send a Refuah Shelaima to all the RCCS patients B’Soch Shaar Cholei Yisroel.
Next, Rabbi Aaron Margalit, noted author of the best-selling book “As Long as I Live” and sought-after lecturer was interviewed by Rabbi Golding, Executive Director of RCCS. The chizuk that emanates from this individual, who has been through so much physical pain yet retains his Simchas Hachaim, is so palpable that it is impossible to hear him and not be moved to become a better and stronger person.
Throughout the night, and into the wee hours of the morning (the program lasted for 7 and a half hours!) people continued to call in to purchase tickets. The split-the-pot raffle topped $300,000 by the time the raffle was drawn!
Comedians Mendy Pelin and Yoily Lebowitz, (with an assist by Mich Cohen) had the audience in stitches as they performed skits and otherwise were acting their usual hilarious selves, all to benefit RCCS patients! Jewish music stars such as Dovid Gabay, Benny Friedman, Eli Beer the Falkowitz brothers, and more, shone bright as they sang so beautifully and enthralled all who were tuned in.
A music video, to the Yiddish song “Balichtun”, dedicated to the life-saving work of RCCS, was premiered by Yoely Greenfeld.
The Mezamrim choir, led by the one and only Chilu Posen, were on hand all night to provide beautiful choral accompaniment to the Freilach Band (and to sing the call-in phone number enough times to ensure nobody would – or could – forget it).
The many winners of the prizes in the “Twists & Turns” Auction book were chosen, as well as many additional winners of randomly chosen callers throughout the night who were treated to a “spin of the wheel”.
The evening was a “win-win” occasion for those in attendance, those who performed, those who tuned in, for the organization, but most of all for the patients! The hundreds of cancer patients and their families waiting for their chance to live a normal life again had their hopes restored last night. Yes, seeing the overwhelming support of Klal Yisroel of all shapes and stripes gives them hope like nothing else.
Indeed, the Achdus that such an event, and such an organization facilitates, gives us all hope that Hashem Yisbarach will finally bring us the ultimate healing with the advent of Mashiach Tzidkeinu.
This years auction winners:
Split The Pot Jackpot- $302,724.00 – Mrs. Tzippy Bodner
Grand Prize – $5,000 – Mr. Mayer And Raizy Kaiser
Repeat Donor $1,000 – Mr. Yisrul Joseph Silberstein
Cash Back – Mrs. Shoshana Brodt
Early Bird – Mrs. Goldy Schlesinger
House Party Raffle – Mrs. Schweitzer
Refer a Friend – iPod – email@example.com
FM1 Promo Code – Mr. Mayer Mendlowitz
FM2 Promo Code – Mr. Chaim David Fried
PS1 Promo Code – Mrs. Tzivia Kaplan
PS2 Promo Code – Mr. Jacob Gross
7:30 Spin – Mrs. Roisy Friedman
8:00 Spin – Mrs. Anne Tesser
8:30 Spin – Mrs. Rosie Wolzovsky
9:00 Spin – Mrs. Rivky Hestler
9:30 Spin – Mr. Moshe Shia Safir
10:00 Spin – Ms. Rasha Tzivin
10:30 Spin – Mr. Michael Weiser
11:00 Spin – Mrs. Devorah Newhouse
11:30 Spin – Mrs. Rivka Grossbaum
1. Crisp & Green – Ms. Rivka Goldy tauber
2. I Love NY – Mrs. Shoshie Klien
3. Israel Retreat – Mr. Ronen Armin
4. Diamonds ‘N Studs – Mrs. Gitty Katz
5. A Little Bit Of Light – Mrs. Mrs Baum
6. Gelt – Mrs. Chaya Sara Neiman
7. Crystals – Mrs. A Goldburd
8. Presentation – Mr. Gerry Adest
9. Tabletop – Mrs. Chana Hecht
10. Bon Appetit – Mr. Jacob Friedman
11. Signature Linen – Mrs. Malka Fishbain
12. Shimmering Stones – Ms. N Rhein
13. Cash and Carry – Mrs. Yitty Brach
14. Magic Kingdom – Mr. Yossie Shapiro
15. Filtered – Mrs. Sury Brody
16. Salon – Mr. Eric Silver
17. Swipe Away – Mrs. Sarah Y Weber
18. Eretz Yisroel – Mrs. Sora Liba Kapelner
19. All That Glitters – Mrs. Roberta Bendrihem
20. Furniture – Mr. Eliezer Czin
21. A Judaic Mosaic – Mr. Hersh Pinches Moskowitz
22. Mega Bucks – Mr. Shea Ostreicher
23. Freeda – Mr. Hershey Stein
24. Linen ‘N Things – Mrs. Mindy Perlman
25. On The House – Mrs. Malka Ruchel Mendelson
26. Gas Guzzler – Mrs. Leah Goldberg
27. Imported – Mrs. Esther Biener
28. Are You Game? – Mrs. Leah Feferkorn
29. Ski or Tour – Mr. Levine Family
30. One Hundred Times Chai – Mrs. Esther Tarkieltaub
31. Recline – Mr. Avraham Zalzt
32. Building Blocks – Mr. Isaac Friedman
33. Sponsor Me – The Lydia Grpup
34. Fun Time – Mrs. Miriam Rausman
35. Destination Europe – Mrs. Miriam Leah Zafir
36. Uncle Sam’s Best – Mrs. Malky Green