The topics in this week’s 251st episode of the highly acclaimed popular MyLife: Chassidus Applied series, with Rabbi Simon Jacobson, will include:
- Chassidus Applied to 27 Adar
- Lessons from Chodesh Adar II and Pekudei
- If everything that happens is orchestrated from above, how much free choice do we really have?
- What Torah concepts can we transmit to non-Jews? How far can we go?
- How do we address the issue of anti-Semitic attacks and safety?
- Since G-d created the human body with such amazing design why did he allow it to be so fragile?
- Should we be talking with our children about puberty?
- What is the meaning of the verse “also the prophets and the spirit of contamination I will remove from the earth”?
- Follow-up (episode 250):
- Chassidus question: Will the roles of women and men change in the times of Moshiach when feminine energy will be greater than male energy?
- My Life 2018 essays: I Am My Own Greatest Enemy: Shedding Chassidic Light on Destructive Behaviors, Countess Rivka Elkaim, 67, United States; You ARE your Struggles, Sara Malka Fox, 19, Pretoria, South Africa; Every Moment – A Renewed Creation to Celebrate, Baruch Elkins, 58, Buffalo Grove, IL
This hour-long dose of insights, broadcast live every Sunday night 8-9PM EST, is meant to inform, inspire and empower us by applying the teachings of Chassidus to help us face practical and emotional challenges and difficulties in our personal lives and relationships. To have your question addressed, please submit it at meaningfullife.com/mylife.
In what has now become a staple in so many people’s lives, MyLife: Chassidus Applied addresses questions that many people are afraid to ask and others are afraid to answer. When asked about the sensitive topics he has been addressing, Rabbi Simon Jacobson commented, “I understand that the stakes are high and great care has to be taken when speaking openly, but the silence and lack of clarity on matters plaguing the community can no longer go unaddressed. The stakes of not providing answers are even higher.”
The on-going series has provoked a significant reaction from the community, with thousands of people viewing each live broadcast and hundreds of questions pouring in week after week. At the root of every question and personal challenge tackled by the series is the overarching question: Does Judaism have the answers to my personal dilemmas?
In inimitable “Jacobson-fashion”, the broadcast answers people’s questions in simple, clear language while being heavily sourced. Each episode is jam-packed with eye-opening advice from the Rebbeim, gleaned from uncovering surprising gems in their letters, sichos and maamorim that address our personal issues with disarming relevance. Simultaneously, Rabbi Jacobson is able to crystallize a concept quickly, succinctly, and poignantly for any level of listener.
All episodes are immediately available for viewing in the MLC’s archive and can be downloaded as MP3s for listening on the go.
Questions may be submitted anonymously at meaningfullife.com/mylife.