Illustration Photo.

When was the Last Time you Cleaned your Dryer Vent? (ad)

When was the last time you had your dryer vent cleaned? Lint and debris can build up in your clothes dryer duct causing your dryer to exhaust at less than optimum efficiency. This creates potentially hazardous conditions including carbon monoxide intrusion and the possibility for fires.

In the United States there are over 15,500 fires and 10 deaths attributed to dryer fires annually.

If a gas clothes dryer is improperly vented or the exhaust duct itself is blocked by lint or debris, carbon monoxide can be forced back into your living space.

A clean exhaust duct prevents heat, moisture and, in the case of gas clothes dryers, carbon monoxide from being trapped in your home. When this type of spillage occurs, energy, natural resources and time are all wasted because your appliance works too hard and runs longer than necessary. Moisture can also cause damage to drywall, wallpaper, ceilings and other building materials.

“Failure to clean” is the leading factor contributing to clothes dryer fires in residential buildings.

In Crown Heights a dryer fire displaced a family just hours before Shabbos, while another similar fire destroyed an entire floor of a home.

Having the Appliance Maven inspect and clean your dryer vent will help prevent a fire and carbon monoxide form entering your home, and can also increase the efficiency of your clothes dryer and decrease the wear on your appliance saving you money.

Call the Appliance Maven for an inspection today at (347) 620-5897 to schedule an appointment



  • the best in town

    i have used them and i was surprised to see the such quality and excellent serves can be found here in crown heights!
    i only have great thing to say about them, and i recommend them to you all!

    thank you appliance maven!

  • Anonymous

    Would never imagine how much better the dryer works now after it was cleaned. And that’s besides it now being safe

  • Andrea Schonberger

    Also don’t overload the dryer. I knew a lady who had asked her teenager to put clothes in the dryer and a fire started–the repairman said the dryer was overloaded.

  • yankel

    funny as it sounds, it is true, wet ctothes left in dryer with the door closed can also start a fire.

  • sales pitch

    when will these sites differentiate between news and advertisement’s. yeh I know you don’t have the guts to post this.