This week’s edition of MyLife: Chassidus Applied with Rabbi Simon Jacobson, Episode 220, will air tonight, Sunday, here on CrownHeights.info, beginning at 8:00pm. This week Rabbi Jacobson will address the topics: Is It an Absolute That Moshiach Must Come in the Next 221 Years Before the 7th Millennium? What Are Reasons Why One Would “Go off the Derech” and How Can We Be a Positive Influence? Do We Celebrate Our English Birthdays? What’s Our Role and Goal with Summer Camp? What Does the Rebbe Say About Climate Change and Environmentalism?
The topics in this week’s 220th episode of the highly acclaimed popular MyLife: Chassidus Applied series, with Rabbi Simon Jacobson, will include:
- Chassidus Applied to Rosh Chodesh Av and the Nine Days
- Lessons from Parshas Matos-Masei
- Summer tznius: Until what age is it acceptable for a boy to wear open shoes without socks?
- What’s our role and goal with summer camp?
- What are reasons why one would “go off the derech” and how can we influence him/her in a positive way?
- Do we celebrate our English birthdays?
- What does the Rebbe and Chassidus say about climate change and environmentalism?
- Follow-up – Episode 219:
- Pushing off the fast
- Did the Rebbe say anything about July 4th?
- Who is our true parent: The Rebbe or our biological parents?
- Chassidus question: Is it an absolute that Moshiach must come in the next 221 years before the 7th millennium?
- My Life 2018 essays: Not On Our Own, Shlomo Sherman, 42, Las Vegas, NV; The Positive Side of Atheism and the Way to Reveal It, Dovid Rub, 28, Chaifa, Israel; The Struggle is Real: Using Chassidus to Reframe Challenges, Chana Colin, 28, Philadelphia, PA
This hour-long dose of insights, broadcast live every Sunday night 8-9PM EST, is meant to inform, inspire and empower us by applying the teachings of Chassidus to help us face practical and emotional challenges and difficulties in our personal lives and relationships. To have your question addressed, please submit it at meaningfullife.com/mylife.
In what has now become a staple in so many people’s lives, MyLife: Chassidus Applied addresses questions that many people are afraid to ask and others are afraid to answer. When asked about the sensitive topics he has been addressing, Rabbi Simon Jacobson commented, “I understand that the stakes are high and great care has to be taken when speaking openly, but the silence and lack of clarity on matters plaguing the community can no longer go unaddressed. The stakes of not providing answers are even higher.”
The on-going series has provoked a significant reaction from the community, with thousands of people viewing each live broadcast and hundreds of questions pouring in week after week. At the root of every question and personal challenge tackled by the series is the overarching question: Does Judaism have the answers to my personal dilemmas?
In inimitable “Jacobson-fashion”, the broadcast answers people’s questions in simple, clear language while being heavily sourced. Each episode is jam-packed with eye-opening advice from the Rebbeim, gleaned from uncovering surprising gems in their letters, sichos and maamorim that address our personal issues with disarming relevance. Simultaneously, Rabbi Jacobson is able to crystallize a concept quickly, succinctly, and poignantly for any level of listener.
All episodes are immediately available for viewing in the MLC’s archive and can be downloaded as MP3s for listening on the go.
Questions may be submitted anonymously at meaningfullife.com/mylife.