Firefighters evacuated 770 briefly Friday morning after smoke and the smell of burning began to filter through the basement. Firefighters quickly identified the small electrical fire, and reopened the Shul.
A fire scare evacuated 770 Friday morning as the smell of burning and smoke began filtering into the basement.
Firefighters responded, and after evacuating the shul, identified the source of the smell and smoke as an electrical issue.
The electricity was briefly turned off and the offending fuses removed. 770 was reopened soon after.