8:00pm: What Is the Rebbe’s View Regarding a Prenup?
This week’s edition of MyLife: Chassidus Applied with Rabbi Simon Jacobson, Episode 230, will air tonight, Sunday, here on CrownHeights.info, beginning at 8:00pm. This week Rabbi Jacobson will address the topics: Can We Ask About the “Whys” and the “Hows” of Torah and Mitzvos, or Do We Have to Accept It All Without Questions? Chassidus Applied to Yom Kippur and Sukkot; How Can I Show G-d That I Truly Repented? What Exactly Is Simcha? Why Should One Be Observant; Do We Need Someone Outside of Ourselves to Build Our Self-Worth?
The topics in this week’s 230th episode of the highly acclaimed popular MyLife: Chassidus Applied series, with Rabbi Simon Jacobson, will include:
- Chassidus Applied to the Post-Holiday season
- Lessons from Parshas Noach
- Do fathers have to ignore their families on Simchas Torah?
- I feel stifled in my ultra-religious home. What can I do?
- Can I balance my secular interests with my spiritual/religious life?
- How can I get beyond a past relationship and move toward marriage?
- How do I return to Chabad after being away?
- What is the Rebbe’s view regarding a prenup?
- Follow-up: Another Chassidus project thanks to this MyLife program
- Chassidus question: What does Achdus Hashem mean?
- My Life 2018 essays: “Third Person” Terminology: the Empathetic Approach of Chassidus, Toby Lerner, 19, Jerusalem, Israel; Does the Mind Really Control the Heart? Ofir Raz, 22, Kiryat Ata, Israel; Letting Stress Roll Away, Yehoshua Rubin, 27, Brooklyn, NY
This hour-long dose of insights, broadcast live every Sunday night 8-9PM EST, is meant to inform, inspire and empower us by applying the teachings of Chassidus to help us face practical and emotional challenges and difficulties in our personal lives and relationships. To have your question addressed, please submit it at meaningfullife.com/mylife.
In what has now become a staple in so many people’s lives, MyLife: Chassidus Applied addresses questions that many people are afraid to ask and others are afraid to answer. When asked about the sensitive topics he has been addressing, Rabbi Simon Jacobson commented, “I understand that the stakes are high and great care has to be taken when speaking openly, but the silence and lack of clarity on matters plaguing the community can no longer go unaddressed. The stakes of not providing answers are even higher.”
The on-going series has provoked a significant reaction from the community, with thousands of people viewing each live broadcast and hundreds of questions pouring in week after week. At the root of every question and personal challenge tackled by the series is the overarching question: Does Judaism have the answers to my personal dilemmas?
In inimitable “Jacobson-fashion”, the broadcast answers people’s questions in simple, clear language while being heavily sourced. Each episode is jam-packed with eye-opening advice from the Rebbeim, gleaned from uncovering surprising gems in their letters, sichos and maamorim that address our personal issues with disarming relevance. Simultaneously, Rabbi Jacobson is able to crystallize a concept quickly, succinctly, and poignantly for any level of listener.
All episodes are immediately available for viewing in the MLC’s archive and can be downloaded as MP3s for listening on the go.
Questions may be submitted anonymously at meaningfullife.com/mylife.