8:00pm: How Do You Avoid Being a “Mechanical” Jew, Preforming Mitzvos Robotically?
The topics in this week’s 403rd episode of the highly acclaimed MyLife: Chassidus Applied series, with Rabbi Simon Jacobson, will include:
- Chassidus Applied to Bechukosei
- Does Torah provide us with a better and healthier life?
- What is the function of chukim (supra-rational) mitzvos, and what is its connection with engraving (chakikah)?
- Is Halacha (Jewish law) rigid and inflexible?
- How do you avoid being a “mechanical” Jew, preforming mitzvos robotically?
- Why are there curses in the Torah?
- Is Hashem breaking His promise to us every day Moshiach doesn’t come?
- Is tithing just like paying taxes?
- How can we assure that our prayers get answered?
- Is there a secret prayer that is like a master key to open up the heavenly doors?
- What is the significance of the Ono B’Koach prayer and why do we say it when we count the Omer?
- What is the meaning of the few paragraphs we say after counting the Omer?
- Why do we say “L’Omer” and not “B’Omer”?
- Lag B’Omer
- What is the significance of Lag B’Omer being hod within hod?
- Why isn’t the burial place of Rashbi unknown to us like that of Moshe’s?
- Why do we light bonfires on this day?
- How should we address the deplorable behavior of some in Meron on Lag B’Omer?
- Did the Rebbe explain why putting on Tefillin can stop wars and terrorist attacks?
- Yom Ha’atzmaut
- Pesach Sheni
- What can I do about inappropriate images I have seen in the past?
MyLife: Chassidus Applied is a weekly video webcast candidly answering questions from the public about all life matters and challenges, covering the entire spectrum of human experience.
This hour-long dose of insights, broadcast live every Sunday night 8-9PM ET, is meant to provide people with inspired guidance and direction, empowering them to deal with any issue they may face.
In what has become a staple in so many people’s lives, MyLife: Chassidus Applied has provoked a significant reaction from the community, with thousands of people viewing each live broadcast and hundreds of questions pouring in week after week. At the root of every question and personal challenge tackled by the series is the overarching question: Does Judaism have the answers to my personal dilemmas?
MyLife demonstrates how Chassidus provides us with a comprehensive blueprint of the human psyche as a microcosm of the cosmos, and offers us all the guidance we need to live the healthiest possible life and build nurturing homes and families, bringing up the healthiest possible children, emotionally, psychologically and spiritually. MyLife is brought to you by the Meaningful Life Center as a public service, free of charge.
Questions may be submitted anonymously at chassidusapplied.com/ask.