The topics in this week’s 356th episode of the highly acclaimed MyLife: Chassidus Applied series, with Rabbi Simon Jacobson, will include:
- Chassidus applied to Shelach
- Why did G-d tell Moshe to send the scouts of his own volition?
- What did the scouts do wrong?
- Why did they bring back large grapes?
- Why was the one who carried wood on Shabbos put to death?
- How do tzitzis remind us of the mitzvos?
- What can we do to increase unity and love?
- Now that cities are opening up, can we say that it is a sign of the imminent geulah?
- With the rise of anti-Semitic acts is it time to start fighting back?
- When Moshiach comes…
- Will he be an actual human being?
- Can Moshiach be a woman?
- Will our divine service be more similar to the Temple periods in Jewish history or shul services today?
- Will 770 be transported to Israel?
- Comments and Follow-up:
- What were the colors and images of the tribes’ flags?
- 12 Sivan
- One state solution
- Chassidus question: Can a neshomo be in two places at once?
- MyLife 2020 Chassidus Applied Essay and Creative Contest: 24th Place winners:
- Essay English: Elevated Sleep, Rena Pinson, 19, Student, Beis Chana – Tzfas Seminary. Hometown: Los Angeles, CA
- Essay Hebrew (men): אהבת ישראל – אינטראקציה אנושית בהשקפה חסידית, Eliyahu Lichshtein, Student, Tel Aviv, Israel
- Essay Hebrew (women): מוח שליט על הלב – כהצעה לטיפול בהתמכרות, Mrs. Nechama Dina Kozlofsky, Kfar Chabad, Israel
- Creative: Every Jew is a Diamond that Needs to be Refined (sketchbook), David Naccache, 25, La Ferté-sous-Jouarre, France
MyLife: Chassidus Applied is a weekly video webcast candidly answering questions from the public about all life matters and challenges, covering the entire spectrum of the human experience.
This hour-long dose of insights, broadcast live every Sunday night 8-9PM EST, is meant to provide people with inspired guidance and direction, empowering them to deal with any issue they may face.
In what has become a staple in so many people’s lives, MyLife: Chassidus Applied has provoked a significant reaction from the community, with thousands of people viewing each live broadcast and hundreds of questions pouring in week after week. At the root of every question and personal challenge tackled by the series is the overarching question: Does Judaism have the answers to my personal dilemmas?
MyLife demonstrates how Chassidus provides us with a comprehensive blueprint of the human psyche as a microcosm of the cosmos, and offers us all the guidance we need to live the healthiest possible life and build nurturing homes and families, bringing up the healthiest possible children, emotionally, psychologically and spiritually. MyLife is brought to you by the Meaningful Life Center as a public service, free of charge.
Questions may be submitted anonymously at chassidusapplied.com/ask.