The topics in this week’s 332nd episode of the highly acclaimed MyLife: Chassidus Applied series, with Rabbi Simon Jacobson, will include:
- Chassidus Applied to Tes and Yud Kislev and Vayeitzei
- What is the purpose of our descent into this hostile world?
- What did the Mitteler Rebbe contribute to Chassidus?
- A listener’s blessing to the community
- Was Rivkah actually 3 years old when she got married to Yitzchak?!
- Why was it okay for Yaakov to cheat Esau out of his birthright?!
- Should we be following the new Covid precautions?
- Is wearing a mask on Shabbos permissible?
- What should I do if my spouse chooses to believe nearly every conspiracy theory, especially those related to health?
- Are you a supporter of Trump or Biden?
- Why do you refer to this post-election time as being in a weird and bizarre state?
- Should we stay out of politics?
- Chassidus question: Is our soul purified anew each morning?
- MyLife 2020 Chassidus Applied Essay and Creative Contest: 6th Place winners:
- Essay English: Weaning Our Children Off Extrinsic Motivation, Liba Rimler, 21, Teacher, Cheder Chabad of Monsey, Pomona, NY
- Essay Hebrew (men): הגישה החסידית לחיים מאושרים בעולם הפוסטמודרני, The Chassidic Approach to a Fulfilling Life in the Post-Modern World, Yisroel Yitzchaki, Charish, Israel
- Essay Hebrew (women): נא להתקשר, Please Connect, Chana Ben-Chamo, Kfar Chabad, Israel
- Creative: Aleph; Elevating 2D to 3D (sculpture), Sarah Mochkin, 28, Village Community School, School Administration, Brooklyn, NY
MyLife: Chassidus Applied is a weekly video webcast candidly answering questions from the public about all life matters and challenges, covering the entire spectrum of the human experience.
This hour-long dose of insights, broadcast live every Sunday night 8-9PM EST, is meant to provide people with inspired guidance and direction, empowering them to deal with any issue they may face.
In what has become a staple in so many people’s lives, MyLife: Chassidus Applied has provoked a significant reaction from the community, with thousands of people viewing each live broadcast and hundreds of questions pouring in week after week. At the root of every question and personal challenge tackled by the series is the overarching question: Does Judaism have the answers to my personal dilemmas?
MyLife demonstrates how Chassidus provides us with a comprehensive blueprint of the human psyche as a microcosm of the cosmos, and offers us all the guidance we need to live the healthiest possible life and build nurturing homes and families, bringing up the healthiest possible children, emotionally, psychologically and spiritually. MyLife is brought to you by the Meaningful Life Center as a public service, free of charge.
Questions may be submitted anonymously at chassidusapplied.com/ask.