The topics in this week’s 331st episode of the highly acclaimed MyLife: Chassidus Applied series, with Rabbi Simon Jacobson, will include:
- Chassidus Applied to Rosh Chodesh Kislev and Toldos
- How can we achieve renewal after setbacks?
- How do you explain Yitzchak and Rivkah giving birth to Esau?
- How to look at the election results
- Should we all make aliyah to Israel now, before the next American civil war begins?
- Does Covid represent a plague-like atmosphere similar to the one in the days of Pharaoh?
- Is there a similarity between our time and the generation of the flood?
- Does Torah lean toward socialism or capitalism?
- What should I do about my online addictions? Follow-up
- Chassidus question: How do explain the statement that this world is closer to the iggul hagadol then the higher worlds?
- Life 2020 Chassidus Applied Essay and Creative Contest: 5th Place winners:
- Essay English: The Super Human Unmasked, Anonymous, 19, Student Beis Chana, Tzfas Seminary
- Essay Hebrew (men): תרומת החסידות בהתמודדות עם כישלון, The Contribution of Chassidus in Dealing with Failure, מנדל רי’גייר Mendel Raijer, 32, Buenos Aires, Argentina, Shliach
- Essay Hebrew (women): לבחור בחיים, To Choose Life, Ruchi Shpitzer, Educator, Buenos Aires, Argentina
- Creative: Mind Control – Controlling our Thoughts According to Chassidus (Video and Music), Nechoma Dina Rosenberg, 20, Teacher’s Assistant, Brooklyn, NY
MyLife: Chassidus Applied is a weekly video webcast candidly answering questions from the public about all life matters and challenges, covering the entire spectrum of the human experience.
This hour-long dose of insights, broadcast live every Sunday night 8-9PM EST, is meant to provide people with inspired guidance and direction, empowering them to deal with any issue they may face.
In what has become a staple in so many people’s lives, MyLife: Chassidus Applied has provoked a significant reaction from the community, with thousands of people viewing each live broadcast and hundreds of questions pouring in week after week. At the root of every question and personal challenge tackled by the series is the overarching question: Does Judaism have the answers to my personal dilemmas?
MyLife demonstrates how Chassidus provides us with a comprehensive blueprint of the human psyche as a microcosm of the cosmos, and offers us all the guidance we need to live the healthiest possible life and build nurturing homes and families, bringing up the healthiest possible children, emotionally, psychologically and spiritually. MyLife is brought to you by the Meaningful Life Center as a public service, free of charge.
Questions may be submitted anonymously at chassidusapplied.com/ask.