The topics in this week’s 316th episode of the highly acclaimed MyLife: Chassidus Applied series, with Rabbi Simon Jacobson, will include:
- Programs and resources for these trying and unprecedented times
- Chassidus Applied to 12-13 Tammuz and Pinchas
- Nothing is Impossible
- Lessons from 17 Tammuz and the Three Weeks
- Fighting to uphold the “walls” surrounding and protecting Judaism
- Please share more personal experiences and songs
- Why is no one wearing masks in 770?
- Why can’t we talk openly and be critical of the BLM movement?
- What’s your opinion about the distinction made by political leaders in NY between public protests and religious gatherings?
- Why do so many people not get it?
- Are destruction of statues and riots a sign of Moshiach’s coming?
- Can mandatory volunteerism be part of the way to help America heal?
- What can we do about skyrocketing housing and tuition costs?
- How do I focus my mind during prayer?
- Can we yearn for Moshiach for ulterior personal motives?
This hour-long dose of insights, broadcast live every Sunday night 8-9PM EST, is meant to inform, inspire and empower us by applying the teachings of Chassidus to help us face practical and emotional challenges and difficulties in our personal lives and relationships. To have your question addressed, please submit it at chassidusapplied.com/ask.
In what has now become a staple in so many people’s lives, MyLife: Chassidus Applied addresses questions that many people are afraid to ask and others are afraid to answer. When asked about the sensitive topics he has been addressing, Rabbi Simon Jacobson commented, “I understand that the stakes are high and great care has to be taken when speaking openly, but the silence and lack of clarity on matters plaguing the community can no longer go unaddressed. The stakes of not providing answers are even higher.”
The on-going series has provoked a significant reaction from the community, with thousands of people viewing each live broadcast and hundreds of questions pouring in week after week. At the root of every question and personal challenge tackled by the series is the overarching question: Does Judaism have the answers to my personal dilemmas?
In inimitable “Jacobson-fashion”, the broadcast answers people’s questions in simple, clear language while being heavily sourced. Each episode is jam-packed with eye-opening advice from the Rebbeim, gleaned from uncovering surprising gems in their letters, sichos and maamorim that address our personal issues with disarming relevance. Simultaneously, Rabbi Jacobson is able to crystallize a concept quickly, succinctly, and poignantly for any level of listener.
All episodes are immediately available for viewing in the MLC’s archive and can be downloaded as MP3s for listening on the go.
Questions may be submitted anonymously at chassidusapplied.com/ask.