The topics in this week’s 306th episode of the highly acclaimed MyLife: Chassidus Applied series, with Rabbi Simon Jacobson, will include:
- Chassidus Applied to Beis Iyar
- What is the story behind Moshiach’s Sefer Torah — concluded 50 years ago?
- Lessons from Acharei-Kedoshim
- is there a connection between Iyar and today’s events?
- Does unity make us more immune?
- Revelation:R’ Yehuda Leib Hakohen: Tanya is Ketores against all the spiritual epidemics in ikvasa d’meshicha
- Any suggestions on dealing with challenges as we are quarantined together at home?
- More on singles quarantined
- Should we be paying tuition for closed schools amid Covid-19?
- Why doesn’t a name change always protect the individual?
- How can someone who davens with a minyan be harmed when it says shomer mitzvah lo yada davar rah?
- Why is our Tehillim not helping?
- Ahavas Yisroel stories
This hour-long dose of insights, broadcast live every Sunday night 8-9PM EST, is meant to inform, inspire and empower us by applying the teachings of Chassidus to help us face practical and emotional challenges and difficulties in our personal lives and relationships. To have your question addressed, please submit it at chassidusapplied.com/ask.
In what has now become a staple in so many people’s lives, MyLife: Chassidus Applied addresses questions that many people are afraid to ask and others are afraid to answer. When asked about the sensitive topics he has been addressing, Rabbi Simon Jacobson commented, “I understand that the stakes are high and great care has to be taken when speaking openly, but the silence and lack of clarity on matters plaguing the community can no longer go unaddressed. The stakes of not providing answers are even higher.”
The on-going series has provoked a significant reaction from the community, with thousands of people viewing each live broadcast and hundreds of questions pouring in week after week. At the root of every question and personal challenge tackled by the series is the overarching question: Does Judaism have the answers to my personal dilemmas?
In inimitable “Jacobson-fashion”, the broadcast answers people’s questions in simple, clear language while being heavily sourced. Each episode is jam-packed with eye-opening advice from the Rebbeim, gleaned from uncovering surprising gems in their letters, sichos and maamorim that address our personal issues with disarming relevance. Simultaneously, Rabbi Jacobson is able to crystallize a concept quickly, succinctly, and poignantly for any level of listener.
All episodes are immediately available for viewing in the MLC’s archive and can be downloaded as MP3s for listening on the go.
Questions may be submitted anonymously at chassidusapplied.com/ask.