Urgent call for all healthy eligible plasma donors (men & women) as the supply of convalescent plasma drops to dangerously low levels!
New York Blood Center (NYBC) is partnering with local organizations and they need our help now! Join in this mitzva and save up to 3 lives!
The demand for red blood cells is increasing due to area hospitals resuming elective surgeries. To help meet this demand, there will be an appointment-only blood drive at the Oholei Torah Ballroom!
Who: All healthy donors (men and women)
When: 9:00am-9:00pm, Wednesday, Rosh Chodesh Menachem Av, 5780 / July 22, 2020 BY APPOINTMENT ONLY!
Where: Oholei Torah Ballroom 667 Eastern Parkway, Brooklyn, NY 11213
Refreshments will be served.
Please click here to schedule an appointment if you are available and agree to the following:
– Feeling well and healthy.
– Not currently pregnant.
– Are at least 16 years old. (16 year old donors must have attached official written consent from parent or legal guardian)
– Weigh more than 110 pounds.
– Have not spent more than 5 years in Europe between 1980 to present.
– Have not spent more than 3 months in the United Kingdom from 1980 to 1996.
– Have not donated plasma in the last 28 days.
– Have not donated blood in the last 56 days.
– Have reviewed the travel and medical criteria info at https://nybc.org/donate-blood/become-donor/can-i-donate-blood/ and will not be disqualified. (The NYBC is available to clarify any medical or travel-related questions. Please call them at 800.688.0900.)
PLASMA DONATION INFORMATION
– A representative from our team or from the NYBC team may contact you if your results are not in our system. Please have a copy of your results ready should the need arise.
– The donation process takes approximately 90 minutes.
Due to the current public health crisis, NYBC has implemented several safety and social distancing procedures.
– All donors MUST MAKE AN APPOINTMENT (walk-ins will not be permitted at this time).
– Wear a mask and come alone (no additional guests will be allowed to enter the location).
– Don’t forget to bring a Photo ID or your Donor ID card.
Tips to be a successful donor:
– Eat a high-iron diet and hydrate well for at least 3 days prior to donating.
– Get a good night’s rest.
Feel free to forward to friends and family.
We look forward to seeing you! Thank you for saving lives with us!
The Plasma Save-a-Life Team