Update #3: (Please refer to covid19ch.blogspot.com for all updates.)
- It is our advice, given this time of maximum spread, that all shuls and mens mikvaos are to be CLOSED; we await a psak from the Rabbonim on this issue.
- If you are above the age of 65 or have underlying health conditions:
STAY HOME. ISOLATE YOURSELF. DO NOT ACCEPT VISITORS.
HAVE FOOD AND SUPPLIES DELIVERED AND LEFT AT THE DOOR.
IF YOU REQUIRE ASSISTANCE, WE ARE WORKING ON A VOLUNTEER SYSTEM TO ASSIST.
- If you haveany of the symptoms described in update #1, you are presumed infected. Regardless of your age, STAY HOME.
- All other members of our community, even those without symptoms, should consider themselves exposed.
o STAY home to whatever extent possible, and only leave if you NEED to.
o If you must leave home, practice strict social distancing.
Do not visit your elderly parents unless necessary! They are to be isolated!!!
- Social distancing:
o Do not gather in groups or clusters
o Maintain at least 6 feet from one another.
- For those home with symptoms – testing is not recommended at this time. Take care of yourself with hydration, rest, and Tylenol as needed. If you are not getting better after 4-5 days, especially if getting worse and/or short of breath, you must seek help.
- For those with symptoms who are recovering:You must stay home until 7 days from onset of symptoms or 72 hours after fever abates, whichever is longer.
We understand there are many questions. A hotline is being setup, staffed by the Gedaliah Society members, to answer questions the community may have. If your question requires more medical expertise, the member at the hotline will refer you to a more appropriate resource. Similarly, for those in isolation, including the elderly, who need help with errands and supplies, we are attempting to set up a volunteer system to assist.
We will continue to update the community with these developments.
– The Gedaliah Society, in conjunction with Dr. Rosen
Please check covid19ch.blogspot.com for updates.
חוסו על נפשותיכם