1: At this time, COVID-19 has reached epidemic proportions in our community, with many people affected.
2: If you have ANY of the following symptoms: fever, cough, sore throat, muscle aches, weakness, or diarrhea, consider yourself as presumed positive for COVID-19.
- For most, this is a mild illness with a quick recovery.
- At this time, we are not recommending that those with these symptoms get tested.
3: If you are sick with these symptoms, STAY HOME. Take care of yourself with hydration, rest, analgesics (anecdotally, Tylenol better than Advil).
- DOH guidelines: For all those presumed infected, stay home for at least one week after onset of symptoms or 72 hours after fever abates, whichever of the two is longer.
- If symptoms are not improving after 5-7 days and especially if you’re feeling worse, in particular with shortness of breath, you must seek help.
4: IF YOU ARE ABOVE THE AGE OF 65 OR HAVE ANY CHRONIC ILLNESS:
- YOU ARE AT SIGNIFICANTLY HIGHER RISK OF SEVERE ILLNESS.
- YOU MUST ISOLATE YOURSELF FROM ALL PUBLIC ACTIVITIES, INCLUDING SHUL, MIKVAH ETC.
- PLEASE TAKE THIS VERY SERIOUSLY!
— This is a rapidly changing situation. As new developments arise, we will continue to use these news outlets to deliver updates to the Crown Heights community —
- The Gedaliah Society, a network of Chabad medical professionals, in conjunction with Dr. Rosen and Hatzalah.
The rabbonim of the Badatz of Crown Heights are reiterating their call in their public letter that these guidelines must be adhered to as actual Halacha for all practical purposes.
- Horav Osoba, Horav Schwei, Horav Braun