8:00pm: How Would the Rebbe Approach the Current Issue of Government Trying to Change Our Education System?
The topics in this week’s 241st episode of the highly acclaimed popular MyLife: Chassidus Applied series, with Rabbi Simon Jacobson, will include:
- Chassidus Applied to 20 Teves and Parshas Shemos
- How can we understand and want to emulate Yaakov Avinu’s troubling life?
- How would the Rebbe approach the current issue of government trying to change our education system?
- Is it appropriate to sing niggunim in the bathroom?
- Is it proper for a chosid to use a fitbit to track his exercise accomplishments?
- Questions about G-d
- Follow-up (episodes 238-239):
- Empowering women
- Revealing one’s past in shidduchim
- Chassidus question: Is G-d’s “desire” (nisaveh) to have a home in the lowest of worlds rooted in Atzmus or in giluiim?
- My Life 2018 essays:
- You Are A Gift, Gitel Chana Levin, 62, New Haven, CT
- Live Every Moment Anew, Yosef Yizchak Shlome Pevzner, 20, Beitar Illit, Jerusalem, Israel
- Regaining Control Over Your Life, Menachem Mendel Chamu (חמו), 25, Tzfat, Israel
This hour-long dose of insights, broadcast live every Sunday night 8-9PM EST, is meant to inform, inspire and empower us by applying the teachings of Chassidus to help us face practical and emotional challenges and difficulties in our personal lives and relationships. To have your question addressed, please submit it at meaningfullife.com/mylife.
In what has now become a staple in so many people’s lives, MyLife: Chassidus Applied addresses questions that many people are afraid to ask and others are afraid to answer. When asked about the sensitive topics he has been addressing, Rabbi Simon Jacobson commented, “I understand that the stakes are high and great care has to be taken when speaking openly, but the silence and lack of clarity on matters plaguing the community can no longer go unaddressed. The stakes of not providing answers are even higher.”
The on-going series has provoked a significant reaction from the community, with thousands of people viewing each live broadcast and hundreds of questions pouring in week after week. At the root of every question and personal challenge tackled by the series is the overarching question: Does Judaism have the answers to my personal dilemmas?
In inimitable “Jacobson-fashion”, the broadcast answers people’s questions in simple, clear language while being heavily sourced. Each episode is jam-packed with eye-opening advice from the Rebbeim, gleaned from uncovering surprising gems in their letters, sichos and maamorim that address our personal issues with disarming relevance. Simultaneously, Rabbi Jacobson is able to crystallize a concept quickly, succinctly, and poignantly for any level of listener.
All episodes are immediately available for viewing in the MLC’s archive and can be downloaded as MP3s for listening on the go.
Questions may be submitted anonymously at meaningfullife.com/mylife.