This week’s edition of MyLife: Chassidus Applied with Rabbi Simon Jacobson, Episode 237, will air tonight, Sunday, here on CrownHeights.info, beginning at 8:00pm.
This week Rabbi Jacobson will address the topics:
- Chassidus Applied to the 19th of Kislev and Vayeishev
- What can we do to help speed up Moshiach’s coming?
- What did the Rebbe mean when he said that avodas habirurim has concluded?
- Will we be able to converse with G-d after Moshiach comes?
- After Moshiach comes how will understand all the Torah verses and references that address a pre-Moshiach golus world?
- Why don’t revealed miracles happen today as they did in earlier generations?
- Follow-up (episodes 234-236):
- How much to reveal about a potential shidduch?
- Woman rabbi
- Chassidus question: How does Chassidus explain the dislocation of Jacob’s hip socket and what is its practical application to our lives?
- My Life 2018 essays: The Journey Out of Depression, Leah Piekarski, 18, Brooklyn, NY; The Answer Within, Shmulik Fogelman, 25, Worcester, MA; Identity-Driven Circumstances, Shmuel Shuchat, 32. Montreal, Canada
This hour-long dose of insights, broadcast live every Sunday night 8-9PM EST, is meant to inform, inspire and empower us by applying the teachings of Chassidus to help us face practical and emotional challenges and difficulties in our personal lives and relationships. To have your question addressed, please submit it at meaningfullife.com/mylife.
In what has now become a staple in so many people’s lives, MyLife: Chassidus Applied addresses questions that many people are afraid to ask and others are afraid to answer. When asked about the sensitive topics he has been addressing, Rabbi Simon Jacobson commented, “I understand that the stakes are high and great care has to be taken when speaking openly, but the silence and lack of clarity on matters plaguing the community can no longer go unaddressed. The stakes of not providing answers are even higher.”
The on-going series has provoked a significant reaction from the community, with thousands of people viewing each live broadcast and hundreds of questions pouring in week after week. At the root of every question and personal challenge tackled by the series is the overarching question: Does Judaism have the answers to my personal dilemmas?
In inimitable “Jacobson-fashion”, the broadcast answers people’s questions in simple, clear language while being heavily sourced. Each episode is jam-packed with eye-opening advice from the Rebbeim, gleaned from uncovering surprising gems in their letters, sichos and maamorim that address our personal issues with disarming relevance. Simultaneously, Rabbi Jacobson is able to crystallize a concept quickly, succinctly, and poignantly for any level of listener.
All episodes are immediately available for viewing in the MLC’s archive and can be downloaded as MP3s for listening on the go.
Questions may be submitted anonymously at meaningfullife.com/mylife.