The topics in this week’s 245th episode of the highly acclaimed popular MyLife: Chassidus Applied series, with Rabbi Simon Jacobson, will include:
- Chassidus Applied to Tu B’Shevat and Yisro
- How do you answer this question: If G-d gave the Torah today, would it be very different than the one given 3300 years ago to primitive people?
- Does a Torah abiding Jew need therapy?
- How do we even begin relating to a G-d that seems so beyond us?
- How should we be promoting the Seven Noachide laws?
- After a major life crisis, how do you begin living again?
- Explain a seeming contradiction whether the Holocaust was a punishment for Jewish sins
- Follow-up (episodes 242):
- Chassidus question How does Chassidus explain why Mattan Torah at Sinai happened only after Yisro acknowledged G-d, and its application to life today?
- My Life 2018 essays:
- Escape Consumerism Before IT Consumes YOU, Liad Braude, 27, Jerusalem, Israel
- The Right Balance between Matter and Spirit, Ziv Kochba, 31, Israel, Haifa, Israel
- To Be or Not To Be, Dovi Oirechman, 26, Lod, Israel
This hour-long dose of insights, broadcast live every Sunday night 8-9PM EST, is meant to inform, inspire and empower us by applying the teachings of Chassidus to help us face practical and emotional challenges and difficulties in our personal lives and relationships. To have your question addressed, please submit it at meaningfullife.com/mylife.
In what has now become a staple in so many people’s lives, MyLife: Chassidus Applied addresses questions that many people are afraid to ask and others are afraid to answer. When asked about the sensitive topics he has been addressing, Rabbi Simon Jacobson commented, “I understand that the stakes are high and great care has to be taken when speaking openly, but the silence and lack of clarity on matters plaguing the community can no longer go unaddressed. The stakes of not providing answers are even higher.”
The on-going series has provoked a significant reaction from the community, with thousands of people viewing each live broadcast and hundreds of questions pouring in week after week. At the root of every question and personal challenge tackled by the series is the overarching question:Does Judaism have the answers to my personal dilemmas?
In inimitable “Jacobson-fashion”, the broadcast answers people’s questions in simple, clear language while being heavily sourced. Each episode is jam-packed with eye-opening advice from the Rebbeim, gleaned from uncovering surprising gems in their letters, sichos and maamorim that address our personal issues with disarming relevance. Simultaneously, Rabbi Jacobson is able to crystallize a concept quickly, succinctly, and poignantly for any level of listener.
All episodes are immediately available for viewing in the MLC’s archive and can be downloaded as MP3s for listening on the go.
Questions may be submitted anonymously at meaningfullife.com/mylife.