The topics in this week’s 279th episode of the highly acclaimed MyLife: Chassidus Applied series, with Rabbi Simon Jacobson, will include:
- Chassidus Applied to Yom Kippur and Sukkot
- Lessons from Vov Tishrei 55 years
- What is the meaning of Kol Nidrei?
- How do we understand the obligation of forgiveness?
- Why is the Chassidus of the Rebbe Maharash and the Tzemach Tzedek for the most part ignored?
- What is the Rebbe’s position on the State of Israel’s existence? How was it different from the positions of other Jewish leaders?
- Why is there a difference in the pronunciation of Hebrew words between older Chassidim and younger Chassidim?
- Is it appropriate to accept “outside help” from those who are Chagas or non-chasiddim in combating meshichism as a movement?
- Follow up (episode 278): Ear piercing
- Chassidus question: How does Chassidus explain the sequence of the Tishrei holidays?
- My Life 2019 essays: ?חיים בעולם המודרני ללא דאגות- הייתכן, Shoshana Glis, 22, Tel Aviv, Israel; כיצד נתגבר על קשיים ולא נניח לעצבות לשלוט בחיינו, Chana Gavish, 19, Haifa, Israel; זהות בדויה? זהות כפולה, Yosef Yitzchak Shloime Pevzner, 21, Beitar Illit, Israel
This hour-long dose of insights, broadcast live every Sunday night 8-9PM EST, is meant to inform, inspire and empower us by applying the teachings of Chassidus to help us face practical and emotional challenges and difficulties in our personal lives and relationships. To have your question addressed, please submit it at chassidusapplied.com/ask.
In what has now become a staple in so many people’s lives, MyLife: Chassidus Applied addresses questions that many people are afraid to ask and others are afraid to answer. When asked about the sensitive topics he has been addressing, Rabbi Simon Jacobson commented, “I understand that the stakes are high and great care has to be taken when speaking openly, but the silence and lack of clarity on matters plaguing the community can no longer go unaddressed. The stakes of not providing answers are even higher.”
The on-going series has provoked a significant reaction from the community, with thousands of people viewing each live broadcast and hundreds of questions pouring in week after week. At the root of every question and personal challenge tackled by the series is the overarching question: Does Judaism have the answers to my personal dilemmas?
In inimitable “Jacobson-fashion”, the broadcast answers people’s questions in simple, clear language while being heavily sourced. Each episode is jam-packed with eye-opening advice from the Rebbeim, gleaned from uncovering surprising gems in their letters, sichos and maamorim that address our personal issues with disarming relevance. Simultaneously, Rabbi Jacobson is able to crystallize a concept quickly, succinctly, and poignantly for any level of listener.
All episodes are immediately available for viewing in the MLC’s archive and can be downloaded as MP3s for listening on the go.
Questions may be submitted anonymously at chassidusapplied.com/ask.