20 Victims Killed in Texas Walmart Mass Shooting, Multiple Suspects in Custody

israelnationalnews and CrownHeights.info

At least 20 people were killed and at least 24 injured in a shooting on Saturday at a Walmart in El Paso, Texas.

El Paso police spokesperson Sgt. Robert Gomez. said that one suspect is in custody and they believe that no other suspect is at large right now. According to NBC News, a second person was taken into custody, but it is not clear what role, if any, the person played in the shooting.

Earlier, El Paso Mayor Dee Margo told CNN that three suspects are in custody. “This is a tragedy that I’m having a hard time getting my arms around, frankly,” Margo said.

A video on Twitter showed shoppers running out of the store with their hands up. One witness told CBS News that he heard at least 10 gunshots as he was about to enter Walmart.

US President Donal Trump tweeted: Terrible shootings in El Paso, Texas. Reports are very bad, many killed. Working with state and local authorities, and law enforcement. Spoke to governor to pledge total support of federal government. God be with you all!”

White House Deputy Secretary Steven Groves said that “President Trump has been briefed on the shooting in El Paso, and we continue to monitor the situation. The President has spoken with Attorney General Barr and Governor Abbott.”

Texas Governor Greg Abbott tweeted that the Texas Department of Public Safety is assisting local law enforcement and federal authorities in bringing the situation to an end.

The El Paso Police Department tweeted a warning on Saturday morning about an active shooting at the Cielo Vista Mall area, telling people to keep away from the area.

The police tweeted again at 1:03 p.m. that “the scene is still active.”

Nearby businesses are currently on lockdown.

On Thursday, two people were shot to death in a Walmart store in Southhaven, Mississippi. Earlier in the week, three people were shot and killed at the Gilroy Garlic Festival in California.

UPDATE: The El Paso Walmart shooter has been names as 21-year-old Patrick Crusius, who Just turned 21 last week.

UPDATE: In a manifesto posted online, he blamed both the Democrats and Republicans for the attack… He also blamed The media, calling them Fake-News claiming the media will mistakenly call him a White supremacist and blame Trump.

Be the first to Comment!

Comments To The Editor