Posted to Chabad News on
|

Reb Yoel: There is only ONE Derech in Chabad

Translated by: Shutrem.net Photos by: Eli Kahan, COL.org.il

In an unprecedented scathing attack in this week’s issue of Kfar Chabad magazine against the “shita” (the line of reasoning) of writing on the Rebbe “Shlitah,” Rabbi Yoel Kahn, the Rebbe’s chozer, said that this is going against the Torah and defames the Rebbe’s name. Reb Yoel stresses that he is not dealing with the “people” that have created this “shitah” but is condemning the “shitah” itself.

Reb Yoel: “When the Rebbe assumed leadership Yud Shvat 1951,” he stated clearly that the task of our generation is to complete the process of drawing down the Shechina in this world. This is done, the Rebbe said, through the dissemination of Torah, especially “Pnimiyus Hatorah.”

“To us chassidim, the real dissemination of Pnimiyus Hatorah is as expounded by the Rabbeim. The Rebbe asks in one of his sichos why did G-d have to tell Abaraham that ”I will make your name great?” Abraham was known to have been imbued with the greatest degree of humility how can one even think that he desired greatness?

The Rebbe answers that the meaning of “I will make your name great” was that through his name the Name of G-d Almighty will be sanctified. Everyone will see, even a non Jew, that Abraham’s name reflects G-d’s Name. In other words, every Jew and non-Jew will see that the Rebbe is an extraordinary elevated person, a true Shepherd of the Jewish People who cared about his people in general and about every individual in particular.

I believe that when one writes “Shlitah” now after the histalkus next to the Rebbe’s name not only does he not bring greatnees and admiration to the Rebbe but just the opposite, it defames and makes a mockery of the Rebbe’s name.

“On Rosh Chodesh Kislev they printed a picture of a man walking in 770 with a caption that this was a picture taken on the 25th of Cheshvan this year as the Rebbe was walking towards his place through the ”shvil“ (pathway) that was made for him when he would come down to Mincha.”

“Making the shvil itself is the biggest joke that could be but they add insult to injury by saying that the man they saw was the Rebbe. The joke is not on this or that chosid but on the Rebbe himself because they say they are making the ”shvil“ for the Rebbe. They added further disgrace by saying that the man that passed was the Rebbe.

”That wasn’t enough either and in their weekly pamhplet “Sichas Hageula” (Woe unto us that this is called “Geula, which only makes a joke of such a great man) they write: ”The revelation began on the 25th of Marcheshvan“ and they boast that hundreds of thousands of people all over the world were able to view it.” That wasn’t enough either, they later printed this joke in articles in the pamphlets that they published for Parshat Vayetze and Vayishlach.

“I want to reiterate that I am not speaking about the ”person“ who wrote the article (it’s not my job to speak about a person’s intentions what’s inside his head) I am talking about the object – the system – the printing of such pictures and articles which could be no greater diversion of the Rebbe.

”Everything the “maskilim” and communists tried to do in order to defame the honor of our Rabbeim is absolutely nothing compared to the defamation caused by the “meshichistin” because of two reasons: 1) the substance of the defamation: it never even occurred to the communists to degrade the Rebbe in such a manner. 2) when this defamation is done by Chabad chassidim the mockery and shame is even greater. Not only is this “shitah” a joke, it is against the Torah and is the complete opposite of what our function and shlichus is.

“The Rebbe mentioned many times that which the Gemara says in Sanhedrin ”All predestined dates (for the redemption) have passed and the matter now depndes only on repentance.“ The Rebbe would cry very much when he said this.”

“Now, according to those who hallucinate, the Rebbe should have said: ‘since there is no explanation why Moshiach has not arrived yet and according to Torah he should have been here already so this is real proof that he is here already. And what appears that we are still in Golus with all the tragedies we are witnessing in Golus, it’s only an imagination….’

”In the sicha on the eve of 15th of Shvat 1979 the Rebbe mentioned the words of the Mittler Rebbe that “no tzoro will occur twice”, there will be no more exterminations, and the Rebbe mentioned painfully that according to this there is no explanation for the Holocaust. The Rebbe could have said very simply: Since the Mittler Rebbe said explicitely that there will be no more exterminations there is no doubt that there was never a Holocaust and what we saw was an imagination.

“Think about it: These are questions that the ”Rebbe“ didn’t understand, not questions that ”we“ don’t understand, undoubtedly they were very difficult questions. Nevertheless, it never dawned to him to explain it very simply that the fact is false and merely an imagination.

”But here we’re dealing with questions that “they” don’t understand and their questions are based on how “they” comprehend the sicha nevertheless they conclude that what happened is not a fact but an imagination! It’s a fact that the Rebbe wrote a will and everyone knows about it. And since to them there is a contradiction between the fact and the questionable meaning of the sicha as “they” interpret it – they come to the outrageous conclusion that the fact is only an imagination.

“Such a ”shitah“ not only goes against common sense it is totally false and most of those who follow this shitah know deep in their hearts that it is false and are trying to talk themselves into believing it. This only devalues everything the Torah says.

Kfar Chabad: OK, this shitah goes against common sense but why do you say it goes against Torah?

Reb Yoel: If their eccentric behavior would express itself only in making a ”shvil“ and things like that it would also be shameful but unfortunately, what they are doing goes against the Torah.

They urge people to do things that are against the ”halacha“ as a result of their new faith that there was no histalkus. And when they preach not to observe the customs and Halochos pertaining to an histalkus (including the customs that the Rebbe instructed to observe pertaining to Yud Shvat) this borders on going against the Torah.

”Such a shitah can bring to worse things. There are some who are saying that we’re living in the period that Moshiach has already arrived. Pretty soon you’ll have a “lamdan” proving to you that we’re in the period of Tehiyas Hameisim and if someone will ask but we see that that no one has arisen from the dead, they’ll answer you: according to the sicha it’s definite that they have arisen – you’re just imagining that they have not. Just like their saying “shlitah” that he is alive “begashmiyus.”

“I know what I am saying are very harsh words but there is no choice once and for all the truth must be stated. Again, I am not talking about the ”people“ who invented this ”shitah“ but about the shitah itself 1) it is futile, vanity and folly. 2) It is not related in any way to Lubavitch nor to Torah. Torah is the ultimate truth and not nonesense and fantasies. 3) This shitah leads to the doing away with laws of Torah.

Kfar Chabad: How is one to relate to these people?

Reb Yoel: The question is not how to relate ”to them,“ but how to relate to the ”shitah“ itself.

If we want to pretend that there is unity among us then although there is a danger in this shitah we must declare that for the sake of achdus – unity – we accept all shitos.

But if we want kidush shem shomayim, that the Rebbe’s name should be respected, revered and admired and that our children should receive a true authentic education, a Torah and chassidic education and not cause any harm then we must declare in no uncertain terms that this ”shitah“ is futile, nonesense and has no place in Torah or in Chassidus.

Kfar Chabad: But look, there is now an awakening and chassidim are getting together from both camps in unity and unity of chassidim can bring Moshiach, so why not unite with them?

Reb Yoel: If we are talking about the ”people“ who created the ”shitah“ then of course we have to live in unity with them like brothers and sisters. His simcha is my simcha and his pain is my pain. ”Chassidim are one family.

“But as far as the ”shitah“ itself is concerned one must condemn it in the strongest terms not to give it any legitimacy. To procalim openly that this ”shitah“ has no connection to Chabad. This does not contradict unity and that chassidim are one family.

”This shitah defames the Rebbe, it harms the children and turns them into kids with all kinds of crazy ideas. A child must be healthy emotionally and mentally without hallucinations. This “shitah” feeds the child with lies and causes a disrespect to Torah and customs of Israel.

“Achdus – unity – among chassidim is without any doubt the most important thing we should strive for. There is nothing that will bring nachas to the Rebbe like true achdus among chassidim. Our motto has to be ”Chassidim are one family.“ Each one of us must do everything possible to do everything for unity and avoid machlokes and fights – but we have to make it very clear:

”For the sake of achdus one is ready to concede and compromise on matters pertaining to money, to honor, to personal disagreements But we cannot compromise on the education of our children.

“This does not contradict unity and chassidim are one family. No one is saying not to love someone because he thinks differently than you. When one has poisonous ideas he is still loved by his brothers and sisters and family, and the love is shown by doing everything to help him realize that his ideas are poisonous and harmful. But no one is going to allow him to poison other members of the family with his harmful ideas for the sake of achdus. If one does allow him to harm other members of the family it just proves you don’t love him nor the other members of the family.

Kfar Chabad: What then is the right shitah?

Reb Yoel: The right shitah is to say the truth: That now the Rebbe is also alive and affects us here physically. That after Gimmel Tamuz 1994 no change has occurred in the relationship between the Rebbe and chassidim – no change as the Rebbe relates to chassidim and no change as chassidim relate to the Rebbe.

”Chazal tell us (in Sotah 13b) that just like Moses was standing in service of G-d before he became 120 so too he is standing in the service of G-d after 120. It is brought down in holy books that this is said not only of Moses but of all true leaders of Israel in every generation especially in the sichos where the Rebbe speaks of the “hiskashrus” to the Previous Rebbe.

“Obviously, this pertains to the Rebbe too as it is written in Zohar that ”when a Tzaddik departs he is to be found in all the worlds more than in his lifetime.“

”The difference between the Rebbe Rashab and the Rebbe is that since the Rebbe Rashab had a son who replaced him the “hashpo” goes through the new leader and Moses of that respective generation. But in the case of the Rebbe since he did not leave anybody to replace him, he continues to affect us just like before.

Kfar Chabad: How?

Reb Yoel: Chassidus tells us that it is an accpted fact that the soul animates the body, however, since the soul is spiritual we cannot see it, but we do see the actions and effect that it has on the body. Seeing a body that is alive is clear proof that there is a soul eventhough we don’t see it physically.

“The same is in our case. After Gimmel Tamuz 1994 since the Rebbe’s life is spiritual we cannot see him but we do see the effect of this collective soul (the Rebbe) in the collective body (Klal Yisroel). It is as though we see the Rebbe himself.

”We see this despite all “experts” and prophets of doom 12 years ago who predicted that Lubavitch would dissolve. Not only has it not disappeared, it has turned into the greatest Jewish empire in the world. We see how Lubavitch chassidim continue to thrive and grow. No shaliach has left his shlichus and even many non-Lubavitch chassidim have come closer to chassidus and the Rebbe.

“Not one shaliach has given up his shlichus after Gimmel Tamuz. On the contrary, shluchim are growing by leaps and bounds and have established hundreds of Chabad Houses, Jewish institutions with divine success. This is only because the one who sent them (the Rebbe) is animating them and granting them the power to fulfill their shlichus.

Just like before Gimmel Tammuz 1994 people from all walks of life, not only Lubavitchers, would come to the Rebbe on Sundays to receive a dollar and ask for a blessing and witnessed outright miracles today too people from all walks of life come to the Ohel and are blessed with what they need. Some people make a special trip just for that. They land in Kennedy airport, go to the Ohel and fly back just as they came to the Rebbe before Gimmel Tamuz.

In summation: ”We must love every one regardless of their opinions just as we love our siblings in our family. Simultaneously, we must declare emphatically in no uncertain terms that this shitah is foreign to Chabad and to the Rebbe. There is only one way in Chabad that has been paved for us and is very clear. This and only this way will help us fulfill our shlichus, the shlichus of the seventh generation and will bring Moshiach.

yoel-kahan-interview-2

yoel-kahan-interview-3 yoel-kahan-interview-4

98 Comments

  • 1. smm wrote:

    GONGRADULATIONS, to anyone who made it to the end of the article. It was a bit long.

    With all respect.

    I totally agree with part of the above.

    However, when the Rebbe writes that after a histalkus there is only ‘chayim ruchniyim’ the Rebbe gives a reason; because by a Rebbe even his physical life is ‘Ruchnius’. So if you say he was alive b’gashmius before 3tammuz than he is alive b’gashmius today, otherwise you got to say he was never alive b’gashmius to begin with. [my own boich svoreh] And like we see in many other sichos.

    Obviously no normal, sane individual sees the Rebbe and nobody really believes he’s hiding under a bench, but to say that he’s not alive b’gashmius?!?

    The gemara states.. although there was a kvurah and the people saw him being buried, nevertheless, Mah Zar’oi bachayim!! He is alive!! As long as the members of Agudas Chasidei Chabad are alive b’gashmius; He is alive b’gashmius!!!!

    Let me ask you, what is reality in your eyes? What your natural instincts tell you or what the Rebbe tells you? In my opinion this would determine whether one is a chossid or not.

    I think the above is an important thing which was left out of Reb Yoel’s drosheh. It seems as though Reb Yoel is merely trying to put down the acts of the Tzfatim and other extremists and one of two things occured. Either he figured he’ll take down all Mishichistim at the same time. Or he just did not explain himself well enough, which is understandable. After-all, how can you put more than 200 years of Chabad Chassidus into one little article.

    Yechi adoneinu…. And may this passage give continued life and existence to our Rebbe, however you want to look at it. As the saying goes “Live and let live” – live and let him live in you!!

    But, great job Reb Yoel thanks for the article. And yes, I agree with his point that we must all love each other, for we are one!

  • 2. Why Flog the dead horse wrote:

    Why are we reviving a dead issue? The “Shvil” makers are mentally disturbed,and writing articles in KC won’t cure them.

    For the rest of us this issue has been dead for a while already – those which believe either one way or the other way have gone back to doing shlichus and stopped trying to shove it down the throats of everyone which disagreed with them – so why is he fanning the flames? For political points at everyone’s expense?

  • 3. A bochur wrote:

    ”Everything the “maskilim” and communists tried to do in order to defame the honor of our Rabbeim is absolutely nothing compared to the defamation caused by the “meshichistin””

    I guess this is really important to have posted now, when there is such a Hisorerus for Achdus! Way to go!
    According to anyone you’ll speak to, Reb Yoel speaks extremely radically.
    Anyone that likes what he says here, will tell you that in 1992 he spoke radically, and anyone that liked what he said in 1992, will say that now he is speaking radically…

  • 4. meshichist wrote:

    Most of what he has to say I can agree with even though i consider myself a fervent Meshichist. Not all Meshichisten are as on the fringe as Yoel Kahn has described, however as far as those few radicals are concerened he has a point. As far as writing to the Rebbe in a pidyon and refering to Shlito I see nothing wrong with that, as long as its not a public statement

  • 5. MENDEL wrote:

    THE REBBE SAID “I MEAN WHAT I SAY AND I SAY WHAT I MEAN”,AND IF THE REBBE SAID IN SHMOS CHO“F VA”V THAT EVERY GENERATION “MUST” HAVE A “NOSI” BEGASHMIYUS,THEN I GUESE HE MEANS IT.

  • 6. CHOSID wrote:

    R.YOEL SAID: “But in the case of the Rebbe since he did not leave anybody to replace him, he continues to affect us just like before”
    DOES THAT MEAN, THAT IF THE REBBE WOULD HAVE LEFT SOMEONE TO REPLACE HIM,“DOR HASHVI’E” WOULD BE OVER CH“V AND WE WOULD CH”V BE IN “DOR HASHMINI”

  • 8. where above it wrote:

    you dont have to print every shtuss that the israeli sites like col that thrive on machloikes deciede to write

  • 9. changed thoghts wrote:

    when the friediker rebbe pased away the rebbe said that even though we aw his lavia he is still alive here bigashmius!!!
    how?? he passed away??
    we could ay the ame on the rebbe we saw his lavia bu he is still here bigahmius!!
    how? i have n clue but i u believe in the rebbe u woud believe that he is here bigashmiys!!

  • 10. Yoseph Yitzchak wrote:

    Wow,

    Reb Yoel could’ve gone a lot further in his condemnation of these wacky/warped/crazy/ people. But B”H this is a great start. To hear these words from a leader of the Chabad movement is a breadth of fresh air and brings me much menuchas nefesh. Hopefully this will start a trend amongst our leaders and our community will be rid of these people and their anti-Torah ways.

  • 12. CR wrote:

    SO, do we refer to the Rebbe with the suffix he used for the Rebbe RaYaTz after “Yud Shevat”? Namely ZTzVKLLH“H NBG”M ZY“A?

    Yes, we have to view the Rebbe as ”here“ still today. ”A Tzaddik who passes is present in the world more than during his lifetime”. Nevertheless, Rabbi Kahn has not addressed the conundrum of the Sofo Shel Adam that took place nearly 13 years ago. That DID happen and we have to deal with it too.

    Just the opinion of one person.

  • 14. annon wrote:

    it is about time someone speaks up for the right thing! this should be published everywhere!

  • 15. Chabad wrote:

    It’s about time that R’ Yoel opinion was stated and so clear. This should be emailed to all Chabad people to read. Thank you for posting it!

  • 17. think wrote:

    Thank you for putting this up in English on your site.
    It isn’t often that we are able to get Rabbi Kahn views in English.

    I’m am very happy to hear his opinion and I think it is very well said.

  • 18. CHT wrote:

    “The right shitah is to say the truth: That now the Rebbe is also alive and affects us here physically.”

    I did not exactly understood the meaning of word “also”. To say shlita is against the Tora, but something like ZiYa-ve-shlita would be ok?

  • 19. uchunvay wrote:

    wasnt the rebbe pleased when somenone used the term “shlitah” about the frierdikeh rebbe?(publicaly)

  • 21. Observer wrote:

    Reb Yoel will now need 24-7 body guards from the tzfati terrorists in 770.

  • 24. DISMAYED & DISGUSTED! wrote:

    oh boy,here goes reb yoel again!reminds me of the vile & sickening admission when he went on stage and proclamed [like a lost soul!]TOEESI!I WILL NEVER FORGIVE HIM FOR THE TERRIBLE CHILLUL LUBAVITCH HE CREATED THEN! NEVER! NEVER!

  • 25. Achdus-Rebbe-Moshiach wrote:

    Sounds like an extereme “Mishichist” to me! Thank you Reb Yoel for validating all of us “Mishichists”!

  • 26. someone wrote:

    webby why is it that you only print anti posts were you know you’ll get responces that go lehepech ahavas yisroel… what is your goal in posting this article?

  • 28. mn wrote:

    Reb Yoel starts out complaining about Shlita, and then goes on to explain why the Shvil is bad.

    so what happened to Shlita? why did you change the subject?

    if you beleive that saying shlita is against the torah, then don’t change subjects, stick to the point and explain yourself!

  • 30. WAKE UP!!! wrote:

    STOP WITH ALL THIS HATE! THE REBBE NEVER SPOKE LIKE THIS!
    AHAVAS YISROEL!!! smell the coffe enough tzoros is the world,amongst ANASH
    With all due respect to Reb Yoel, he was the REBBES Chozer.The Rebbe lives on by those who the Rebbe lives!
    enought of this shtustim publishing on your website.
    Is this Achdus right before Yud shevat??
    maybe lets all make srong haclotos tovos as the rebbe has instucted us to learn properly the Rebbe torah on Geulah and Moshiach and that wil no doubt bring about the Hisgalos of the Rebbe MAmosh Now.
    I dont understand, the Rebbe told us V’Noflinu !!!
    what does that mean?!?!
    we are all busy braging about this dinner i made or that White House visit!

    By doing Mivtzoim,Teffilin, keeping Tznieus properly we all know what i am talking about, you disgrace the whole Lubavitch, you Disgrace & shame the Rebbe with no bigger way. All you people are you carefull how you dress, how you speak & your day to day conduct.

    AD MOSAI AD MOSAI AD MOSAI

    R“L Men & Boys: touching their beards, it is against the torah & against the Rebbe Trust me that the Rebbe is crying out for your Neshomos.
    Where are your hats & jackets???
    we are not in KEFAR CHABAD!!!
    (i am sure you know the story)

    Women & Girls: you disgrace yourselvs by walking around inmodest against Torah. the Rebbe is Crying for your Neshomos
    its TIME for EVERYONE who call themselvs LUBAVITCH-CHABAD to make a true rekoning of where they are holding & where they would like to go in LIFE
    may we be Zoche to see The Hisgalos of the REBBE MH”M mamosh Now.

  • 31. chabad news fan wrote:

    Chabad News Online – I hope the publish the interview with reb yoel!

  • 32. BrookAve wrote:

    I think that those “Shvil” makers have been responsible for the unexplained crop circles appearing on farms around the world.

  • 33. Yoseph Yitzchak wrote:

    Rabboisai,

    The Rebbe is not alive now and won’t be until Techias Hamaisim. How should we view the Rebbe? We should view the Rebbe the same way we view every other Tzaddik and leader in the history of our nation. How is that? It’s how the Rebbe said the Frierdikke Rebbe was still here after his passing. How is the Frierdikke Rebbe still here and what did the Rebbe mean? We take what the Frierdikke Rebbe taught us, we learn from his teachings and we apply it to ourselves, that is how the Frierdikke Rebbe still effects us today. Even after his passing some 57 years ago It’s as if he is still here directing us and telling us what it means to be a Yid. The same goes for the Rebbe after his passing.
    To think the Rebbe is still alive and actually here in any real way goes against the teachings of the Torah and if you don’t understand that your an Apikores. To me there’s no such thing as living side by side with such a person and there is no such thing as being quite for the sake of peace. When someone acts in a way counter to what the Torah teaches we all have an obligation to tell them that they are sinning.
    For those who think the Rebbe is Moshiach, you are also walking on thin ice and must be very careful. Such thinking is also very dangerous.Thinking about that and delving into such matters and calling someone Moshiach is wrong and something you should keep away from. It’s not what a Torah Jew thinks about or contemplates.

  • 34. mendel wrote:

    He is taking revenge on the fact that A few tsfatim that ataked him last week but all in the name of the truth.

  • 36. Lubavitcher wrote:

    Oh, boy! Here we go again. Reb Yoel is quite right, & considering the major damage these crazies have done to all of us, he was very careful to only condemn the actions, not the man.

    What I don’t understand is…WHY??

    These wackos have destroyed any credibiity we have. At a recent wedding out of NY, NOT ONE of the so-called “Snaggie” guests stood up out of respect during the Rebbe’s letter. In the past they would have done. And they didn’t try to hide their feelings either!

    These crazies SHOULD be condemned, and Reb Yoel, THE REBBE’S CHOZER, is the person to do it. Lubavitch is suffering from lousy PR, so there’s not enough $$ to fund new Shlichos & MY KIDS & all the normal dedicated Lubavitchers can’t get out there to do the work they were raised to do.

    It’s bad enough that my son was threatened if he walked down the Shvil (brave kid, he did it anyway!!), but the physical violence, the hatred, & the defamation of the Rebbe is off the scale.

    Lubavitch is viewed by the “outside world” including Frum Yidden as a dangerous cult, and the rest of of us pay the price!

  • 37. der rebbe lebt!!! wrote:

    the rebbe writes in a sicha shmos chalek lamed aleph ( i think) that the mishkan moshe rabeinu built was hidden not destroyed because the gashmiyusdiker puolos of a tzadik lives forever thus moshe is alive because his puolas are alive ‘bgashmiyus” if we act with ahavas hashem ahavas yisroel yiras hashem and emuna then the rebbe lives i dont mean just spiritually ai mean physically are action are physicall and are emuna and ahava and yireh come from him our nasi

  • 38. chayim wrote:

    Thank you for posting this most timely and important article. Although it is also of great importance to strengthen our unity and work hard on it (especially not to increase fights etc.); it is important that our youth not get confused and create a new religion.

    All the Rebbe’s leshonos put together, never did the Rebbe advocate that the Friediker Rebbe is alive beguf gashmi kpshutoy. It is contrary to Torah to create new realties when they counter the tradition of Halacha and so on.

  • 39. Ker a Velt Heint wrote:

    Any Chosid who is mekusher to the Rebbe and realises the various stages of the Rebbe’s nesius to date will come to the conclusion that this was carefully orchestrated to cause bilbul. Hashem Yerachem. The Rebbe mentioned once of Reb Yochanan Kohen Godol who served in the Beis Hamikdosh for 80 years…and at the end…VHamayvin Yovin.

    So, the ikkur is to do chesed and follow the directives of the Rebbe, most importantly learning Bsuros HaGeulah and the Sichos of 5751-2 without personal agendas which often arise because of peer pressure and we can be sure that taykaf Umiyad Mamosh we will all be zocheh to the Hisgalus of the Rebbe Moshiach NOW!

  • 40. sr41 wrote:

    REB YOEL – I love you!!!!!!!!!

    I think you’re totally wrong with your opinion on the Rebbe, but I love your point on chasidim ain mishpocha.

  • 41. Chaim wrote:

    Excellent arcticle. The only problem with Reb Yoel is, that he was the one that actualy started the whole Messiantic situation. (We also all remember that after Cof Zain Adar Rabbi S.B. Drizin placed an ad in a newspaper (Algameiner) proclaming Reb Yoel as “Eved Melech Melech”…)

  • 42. A bissel seichel (chas vesholom!!!!!) wrote:

    CHOSID wrote:
    R.YOEL SAID: “But in the case of the Rebbe since he did not leave anybody to replace him, he continues to affect us just like before”
    DOES THAT MEAN, THAT IF THE REBBE WOULD HAVE LEFT SOMEONE TO REPLACE HIM,“DOR HASHVI’E” WOULD BE OVER CH“V AND WE WOULD CH”V BE IN “DOR HASHMINI”

    YES!! And therefore the Rebbe made sure not to leave a replacement. So instead of writing in capital letters so that everyone thinks R’ Yoel is going against the Rebbe, read his words again and you might understand.
    What he said should be read as follows by all people who go with the shitta that using a little brains is a sin.
    The Rebbe said that dor hashvi’i will merit the Geulah. Therefore there will be no dor hashmini. Therefore there is no dor hashmini. The reason why there is no dor hashmini is because the rebbe made sure there is no dor hashmini. So therefore the Rebbe continues to lead us as our nossi of dor hasvhi’iand not dor hashmini.
    Got it??????

  • 43. Anonymous wrote:

    “MISHICHIST wrote:
    WY IS THERE A MIX UP HERE BETWEEN TSFATIM AND MISHICHISTIM”.

    Is there, I don’t see it.
    Why are you “Shitas” more Legit Then there “Shituse”, after all they are just an offspring of “mishichistim”.
    (it all had to start some were, if you were alive for the last 12 years you will know that this did not all happen in one day).
    As you can see from the following RamBam how theses things start.

    Rambam:
    THE LAWS OF IDOL-WORSHIP AND ITS REGULATIONS

    Chapter One

    1) In the days of Enosh, the people deviated, and the counsel of the wise people degenerated into stupidity. Enosh himself was amongst those who deviated. Their mistaken reasoning was that since God created the skies and spheres as part of nature, and placed them high up [in the skies], and gave them dignity, and that they are servants who serve Him, it would be appropriate to laud, glorify and honor them as well. It is the will of the Almighty to make great and to dignify those who make Him great and honor Him, in the same way that a king wants to honor the servants who serve him – such is the honor of a king. Once this matter was decided upon, they proceeded to build temples to the stars, to bring sacrifices to them, to laud and glorify them verbally and to bow down to them, in order to attain [by these means] the will of the Creator by their opinions, which were evil. This was the core of idolatry, but the knowledgeable worshippers did not deny the existence of God by saying that only such-and-such a star exists. This is what Jeremiah said: “Who would not fear You, King of the nations? For to you it is fitting, for among all the wise men of the nations, and in all their kingdoms there is none like you. Stupid and senseless are they all – the teaching of their vain idols is but wood!”; that is to say that everyone knows that just God exists, but their mistake and foolishness was to imagine that idolatry was God’s will.

    2) After some time, prophets of falsehood arose, and said that the Almighty had commanded them to serve such-and-such a star, to bring sacrifices to it, to offer drink sacrifices to it and to build a temple containing its form to it, in order that all people -including women, children and ignoramuses – will be able to bow down to it. Each of these prophets made known a form which he had invented himself, and claimed that it was the form of such-and-such a star which had been made known to him in a prophecy. In this manner, people started to make figures in the temples, under trees and on the tops of mountains and hills, and they congregated and bowed down to them. The prophets said that it was a form which brought good and bad, and that it was fitting to serve and fear it. The prophets said that through this service one will multiply and be successful, and issued instructions concerning what may and may not be done. Other prophets of falsehood began to make themselves known, and said that the star itself, or a sphere or angel, had spoken to them about how to be served, and what may or may not be done. This matter, namely the worship of forms in different manners, the offering of sacrifices to them and the bowing down to them, became propagated throughout the whole world. Owing to the passage of time, the honored and fear-inducing Name was forgotten by all of nature, and was not recognized. Everybody, women and children included, knew only their forms of wood and stone, and the temples of stone, which, from childhood, they had been educated to bow down to, worship and take the name of for oaths. The wise people amongst them, such as the priests, imagined that there is no God, but only the stars and spheres, because of whom they made representative figures. But as for the Creator, there was not a single person who recognized Him, except for various individuals, such as Hanoch, Methuselah, Noah, Shem and Eber. Things continued in this manner until Abraham the Patriarch, supporter of the world, was born.

    [Go learn the rest yourself].

  • 44. a true chabadnik wrote:

    bitul torah k’neged kulam un s’is nisht da kein gresere bitul torah ve ata de shtusim tsu zein oisek in dem is hepech rotzon fin rebim

    ad kdei kach as is shem zach fun vas tut zich up in lubavitch de heintege teg

  • 45. Israeli soldeir (chabadnik) wrote:

    Thank Hashem that someone who can be respected in Lubavitch has finaly said something that makes sence… ppl dont realise how many bachurim and familys we are loosing daily to theis shtusim its about time chabad took controle over itself and stoped washing it luandery in public. its sickening that ppl dont care so much about the many ppl going off as they do the fights that are making theis ppl go off. its so hard to consider oneself lubavitch when all you have to do in the world is answer for all the shtusim you disagree with. anyone who actualy works on shlichus or in a place with other jews who are informed know what i mean. its always the ppl in rest of the world not in CH that have to answer for what goes on in lubavitch. why cant we just follow what it says in chasiduss and live like chasidim are we so dull… may we merit to the redemtion so we can be saved from our own ignorance and stupidity. oy Rebbe helf dyne kinder

  • 46. Aussie Echo wrote:

    Boruch Hashem we have a voice of seichel who is brave enough to declare the truth.

  • 47. Yehudah Laufer wrote:

    Yasher Koach Reb Yoel Shlita and Y“K to Webby. I have long believed that the meshichisten have been making a mockery of the Rebbe zt”l’s memory. A true bizayon Hatorah and bizayon hames.

    Having studied the Rebbe’s sichos VERY closely, i do not believe that He ever said he was moshiach. BUT – even if he did, the Rambam writes that Rebbe Akiva “vkol chachmey yisroel” believed that Bar Kochva was moshiach and they were wrong. The history of klal yisroel and gedolei yisroel and chasiddishe Rebbes is replete with predictions about moshiach’s arrival that turned out not to materilize. Whatever the pshat (perhaps the dor was not worthy and the cheshbon changed klapey shmaya) the fact is that their statements turned out to be false.

    So EVEN IF the Rebbe said he was the MH”M (which he did not) why is it so wrong to say that he was mistaken? If the Rambam can say it about Rebbe Akiva – a Tana – certainly it can be said of the Rebbe.

    Either way, Reb Yoel’s words should be spread to the four corners of the earth so that the glory and majesty of Chabad can be realized once again. Today we are a gelechter, nobody takes us seriously anymore. The extremist are the most visible and vocal. All at the expense of the credibility of Chabad and the memory of the Rebbe.

  • 48. Ker a Velt Heint wrote:

    “I ask that they not act foolishly and add their own explanations and interpretations to my words, e.g., that I really meant such and such, etc. . . I say what I mean.”21 Av, 5744/1984

    Some people still ask, “What did the Rebbe really say about Moshiach and the Redemption.” The following quotes from the Rebbe were said at public gatherings, in front of thousands of people.

    “Just as until now it was clear to each one of us that the Rebbe would lead us to greet our righteous Moshiach, so should it be clear now. That which happened is only from our material point of view. It is nothing more than a trial, one of the trials of the birthpangs of Moshiach that need to occur before the arrival of the righteous Redeemer. The sole purpose of these trials is to conceal the truth.”
    Shabbat Teruma, 5710/1950

    “As such the Al-mighty’s Redemption is actually brought about through His emissary, the righteous Moshiach, with all eight names attributed to him. This includes also ‘His name is Menachem’ in a way that ‘One points with his finger and exclaims, ‘Behold! Here he is! Here is Menachem, our righteous Moshiach!””
    1 Menachem-Av, 5749/1989

    “Every single Jew must perform his Divine service in a manner similar to and befitting the days of Moshiach and the subsequent era of the Resurrection of the Dead. This is exhibited first and foremost through faith, anticipation and knowledge that supernatural events will occur in the days of Moshiach, namely, the Resurrection of the Dead. Belief in these concepts must be with certainty, and must be as unshakably firm as the belief in the Ten Commandments.

    ”True, we currently find ourselves in the extreme darkness of Exile. Yet, nonetheless, since Exile is merely a ‘dream’ (in which contradictions can co-exist), the current situation can instantly be reversed, from one extreme to another. This means that we emerge from this dream of Exile and arrive at the true reality, the actual Redemption!. . .

    “It is within the ability of every single Jew to bring the Redemption right away, not tomorrow or the day after, but quite literally today, so that at this very moment, a person opens his eyes and sees that our righteous Moshiach is present with us in this very House of Prayer and Study, in his physical body, down on earth!. . .

    ”Some people argue that this in itself is difficult to appreciate. It has already been many years since the leader of our generation announced ‘Immediate Redemption’ and nevertheless, he still has not come!. . .

    “This question stems from being consumed with and engulfed in the Exile frame of mind. Hence people are unable to free themselves of this ‘dream’ of Exile and perceive that the true reality is otherwise, a state of being awake, the actual Redemption!”
    Shabbat Pinchas, 5744/1984

    “One may wonder, ‘What will the world say if a Jew performs his Divine service . . . particularly trying to speed the Redemption? Seemingly,’ he argues, ‘in order to succeed, one must take into consideration how the world will view it.’ The answer is that the world is ready and prepared! When a Jew goes about his Divine service properly, rising above all limitations and constraints, yet doing so in a way that his service can be enclothed in the vestments of nature, he will see how the world, nature, and non-Jews are indeed aiding him in his service.”
    Shabbat Korach, 3 Tamuz, 5751/1991

    “A question has been asked with regard to the recent statements that the Redemption is coming immediately. Some might suggest that it would not be so easy for this message to reach people and convince them. People are uncertain of how their families and the world at large will react to it. The response is that such concerns would only be valid if the idea of Redemption was an innovation. However, the Redemption is nothing new. Rather, all its elements have already begun, and have already been brought down and accepted in the physical world, the level beyond which there is nothing lower. Therefore, it should be of no surprise when, immediately, the Redemption arrives.”
    Shabbat Shoftim, 5751/1991

    “We are immediately going to merit the fulfillment of the messianic promise, ‘As in the days of your Exodus from Egypt, I will show you wonders,’ with the coming of Moshiach, whose name is ‘Menachem,’ like the name of the Tzemach Tzedek–may he come and redeem us, and lead us proudly to our land. For inasmuch as the prophetic promise, ‘Awaken and sing, those who rest in the dust’ will soon take place . . . there will then be a realization of the meaning of ‘Menachem–King Moshiach.’”
    Eve of Rosh HaShanah, 5744/1984

    Is this not enough proof??

  • 49. ayl wrote:

    i read the article very clearly and with an open mind.

    However i think i missed the point.
    1. reb yoel says they are against the Torah, then clairifies that they are broder line against the torah.

    2. reb yoel said years ago that we are not alowed to make new gezaryro shavos.

    so why are we making gezaera shovaos for the rebbe ‘s yohzite with the fredicker rebbes customs?

    did any other rebayim do the same to the rebbe the took over for?

    3.

    as i was reading i thought that it was a hack attack.

    did he really say the rebbe is still alive?

    if so will he receive a restaining order from going into 770 after aguch takes over?

    and if the rebbe is alive what will aguch do about it?

    anyway i remember from countless farbrengens that you know if something is good if the b’chain / outcome is good.

    fact is anti’s drink too much and have no simcha and do not coch in the ikar shlichus of getting the MESSAGE accross that MOSHIACH is comming.
    is there a compromise we can make?

    is it considered a chilul HaShem to sing Yechi in ones private home or in a tomchai temimim?

  • 50. Good but Horrible wrote:

    Whoever translated this REALLY needs to learn how to write properly…

  • 51. Reb K wrote:

    K’lal Godol from the Yuds, the Chofs , the Lameds, etc. etc. Anytime R’ Yoel leaves his area of expertise and get involved in politics, he’s ALWAYS on the wrong side. This article is beyond unecessary and only proves that he is an extremist just like those he is marinalizing. Kol haposel bemumo posel.

  • 52. Yoseph Yitzchak wrote:

    Reb Yehudah Laufer,

    Your words are EMES. It is incumbent on each one of us to rid Lubavitch of the apikorsim/tsafitim and to also rid lubavitch of the just as bad meshichistim. If you are a mishichist you will become a tsafti if you are a tsafti who knows whats next???
    Such beliefs go against the Torah!!!
    Can someone tell me why nothing has been done?? Is this the best we can do, have Reb Yoel say a few quotes in the Kfar Chabad magazine?? Why couldn’t Reb Yoel be more clear and go all the way!!??
    Look at what Wake up Yidden a few quotes up wrote. He writes a whole pilpul and mussar schmooze and look how he ends it off. He’s like a chazer (pig) he tells us how frum we should be and acts as if he a Torahdikke Yid then he shows his true colors and of course ends off with his final salvo of long live the king. Refuah shelaima to him and all the rest of these crazies.

  • 53. Chabadnik wrote:

    I shudder in pain and anguish from the miscommunication and misinformation that goes on in Lubavitch these days. EVERY Lubavitcher needs to go back to Pre-1A! To KER A VELT HEINT: Thank you for the proofs!! Yechi Hamelech!

  • 54. The Gr8 Chazzan wrote:

    REB YOEL IS FROM THE GREATEST CHASSIDIM

    Anyone Who Thinks They Can Comment On Even One Letter Of What Reb Yoel Said, Should Know That They most likely Lack ‘YIRAS SHOMAYIM’ and ‘Yiras Chayte“ and even More So They Bring ‘GREAT BOOSHA” ON MY HOLY REBBE.

  • 55. The Gr8 Chazzan wrote:

    I BELIEVE

    That If The REBBE Would Walk Into 770 Right Now, The Crazies Would Either Bow Down, Or Ask if The Rebbe Wants To Dance With Their Moldy Yellow Flag…

    But The CRAZIES Definitly WONT RUN AWAY From FEAR.

    Any Normal Chossid Would Hide Their Face!

  • 56. a boucher wrote:

    one of the coments was about how mishichistim and tzvatim are diffrent and we should not get ”confused” however there is no diffrence acts more wildly but in concept they’re the chillull of the rebbe

  • 57. i dont say yichy wrote:

    why after so meny years do we have to start this all over again i think r yoel is a man of machlokes do u think this will bring a change/ it wont
    just STARTING all over

    SSSSSSTTTTTTTTOOOOOOOOOPPPPPPPPP

  • 58. Itzhak Schier wrote:

    ayl – the antis drink too much and have no simcha??? The problem is that the Tzfati Taliban seem to be drinking or otherwise ingesting some substance or another which leads to glassy eyed stares, drugged dancing, and other substitutes for real simcha!

    As for yechi, if it had been kept in private gatherings the whole time, there would never have been a problem.

  • 59. Detroit Chai wrote:

    All you antis are the original trouble making Meshiochistim. It was in Detroit that yechi was first originated and it was from Detroit that all the extremism was spawned. It’s no wonder themn, that the extremism has continued in the oppistite direction form the very same Detroit, and thus many of the Detroit alumni have left thgei Judasim and Cjhassidishkeit behind finding a new life, devoid of all the confusing rubish that was sold to us there.

    The new entity of “meshichistim” is the offsping of that very same Detroit I was cultivated by back in the day. Today their radicilasim doesn’t allow them to fix their mistakes and istead they condemn their contemporary offspring. My suggestion is that if you stop your harasments and treta your fellow chasid with a bit more dignity, you’ll lose a lot less peopole and won’t be merachek so many children of Chassidim and potential Temimim for Lubaviotch and the Rebbe.

    Oh, and by the way. By treati ng others with respect you mkight also be able to influence the lunnies away form their devioated paths with “love”. Eevntualy, we all together might actually hasten the coming of Moshiach.

  • 60. tzemach wrote:

    just a thought: the first thing that comes to my mind when someone mentions reb yoel is a genius, he knows EVERYTHING there is to know in chassidus, undesputably the smartest person in lubavitch. If the shitos that he has he doesnt mean, just that he gets kavod like that (as in the case of most meshichistin), then he wouldve been a meshichist. this is old news that im just repeating. for the newcomers: just think about it for a second; imagine how much “kavod” he would get if he were a meshichist? they would love him being a meshichist, he would be theyre leader, just like by 53-54! ela mai, thats not what hes about. hes a man of truth, whatever he sayd then he meant, whatever he says now he means.now for a not so known fact: in nun daled the meshichistin went over to avremel and offered him money to become a meshichist, they offered him kavod, they were begging him, going out of theyre minds for ways to maybe try to convince him. but whoever is not nispael from the media and only seeks the truth my PERSONAL research knows that avremel is a man that loves the rebbe more that anybody else, true kavod gets in the way a lot of times, but thats nothing campared to what hes done for the rebbe and lubavitch. .kol hakavod for saying the truth out loud once and for all, it was about time.
    thank you very much reb yoel, may hashem bless you. please do it again on similar but different subjects. why doesnt reb yoel write a book?
    thats my biggest question. anybody with an answer? kol hakavod.

  • 61. Anonymous wrote:

    The Gr8 Chazzan wrote:
    “REB YOEL IS FROM THE GREATEST CHASSIDIM

    Anyone Who Thinks They Can Comment On Even One Letter Of What Reb Yoel Said, Should Know That They most likely Lack ‘YIRAS SHOMAYIM’ and ‘Yiras Chayte“ and even More So They Bring ‘GREAT BOOSHA” ON MY HOLY REBBE.”

    To add on what you are saying…
    The think is they are not commenting on anything he said (i.e. They show no argument). All they are doing (like they always do) is knock don’t the person (in a persinol way), to try to take away any crediblity you might have. You can see that many times on the debaits that happen on this sit. You can make an argument and they, with out even knowing you will strart knocking you out (on a persinol level), not bringing a better argument.
    As you see here, There is not one (mishichist) agument on why what Reb Yoel Shlita is saying is wrong, all they are doing is trying to knock him personly (a sign of desperrasion).

    By the way, every time something happens (were people get hurt), they say that it isn’t the Main stream “mishichistem”, it’s the crazy Tzvatim (that Worship a Chair and make a Shvil etc…). Like a “mishichist ask above “why the mix up between Mishichistim and Tzvatim?” (he’s trying to suggest that there is a diffrents), but you can see from the Mishichistim commenting above, how there is no diffrents and they are one of the same.
    Explain? If it was a “mishichist’ saying the same exact words that Reb Yoel Shlita is saying, then all would be fine and dandy etc… Vda’l

  • 62. Menachem wrote:

    What I find intresting is that people are attackin Reb Yoel based on his Shitus.

    If someone is a great person and his saying someting makes him not great that means the problem is in you and in him.

    Re-evaluate yourselves before attacking Reb Yoel. Look at the difference between you two.

    It is no wonder so many bochurm rachmana Litzlan are getting messed up. It’s because no one has any Kavod of what those greateer than them think only what their selfish minds do.

    I greatly commned Reb Yoel for not attacking the tzvatim themselves (unlike what people are doing to him because of this interview) I see him as a very fine person.

    Look at things with more openmindness!!

  • 63. Yoseph Yitzchak wrote:

    Ker a Velt Heint,

    This is your proof?
    Okay I’m going now to buy myself a big yellow flag, no, it’s going to be a huge one!!
    I’m going to dance with it after Davening
    I’m going to carry it with me wherever I go!
    I’m going to hang up signs all over my shul proclaiming long live the King.
    Of course the Paroches will have it written in big letters.
    I’m going to scream it out after Davening too!!
    This is what the Rebbe wants me to beleive and I really want to beleive too.
    This is what H-shem wants me to do and I am doing it, it’s what H-shem wants me to beleive and I will beleive.
    No one will ever convince me otherwise because I know who the Rebbe was and is and what he means to klal Yisroel. Nobody will ever convince me otherwise because in my heart I know it to be true.
    Ker a Velt Heint, I wish you a refuah shelaima and I wish the rest of those who think like you a refuah shelaima.
    End the Maddness!!

  • 64. YOSY FROM NORTHEAST wrote:

    TO MENDY FROM THE MIDWEST:

    eiyb du meinst az du vest krigen gelt uder koved fun di menuvalim, du vest krigen mehr nisht fun kaduches.

    Afeilu du vest zogen shema yisroel shemtov elokeinu, shemtov echod – vest du veiter zein ah stock.

    In 1939, when hitler yemach shemoh hot ois-geharget alla yidden, hot er nisht gekooked oieb zei zeinen geven frum uder nisht, chasidish uder litvish, it didn’t matter! Bei zei, vest du alla mohl zein der ainikel fun der vos zei hoben geharget.

    Get with the program already, and stop making a fool of yourself.

  • 65. RachelS wrote:

    If Lubavitch today, not the Lubavitch of Rebbe Menachem Schneersohn (my Rebbe shl’ta)ia viewed skeptically and not well supported, reeamine the COMPASSION and GENUINE love the Rebbe has for us and others and then look at yourselves. I could write a book of who and what I’ve lived thru in CH; its only out of respect for the Rebbe and what he did for me, that I didnt. If you care about lubavitcher chassidus at all and know its the right derech, clean up your act, the bais din and how you deal with people, inside and outside CH.
    R.S.

  • 66. Yehudah Laufer wrote:

    Yosef Yitzchak – I reread your post after responding and realized you were being sarcastic in responding to ker a velt. I take back my response insofar as it was addressed to you. But I stand by the message.

    YL

  • 67. Yehudah Laufer wrote:

    Yosef Yitzchak – your hysterical rantings just prove how right Reb Yoel is. If the legacy of the Rebbe zt“l is people like you – carrying ”huge“ yellow flag ”wherever I go“, hanging up ”signs all over my shul proclaiming long live the King“ and ”screaming“ Yechi after davening – instead of focusing on limud hatorah, shmiras hamitzvos and kiruv rechokim, then the true bizayon hatorah and bizayon hames will be obvious for all to see.

    I have no doubt that you and your ilk are causing great tzar to the Rebbe zt”l in his lofty place in Gan Eden. All of the great work of the Rebbe and the shluchim during and after the Rebbe’s lifetime is drowned out in the noise that the radicals make to advance their own misguided agenda.

    Please – I beg you lemaan kavod hatorah, kavod HaRebbe and kavod Lubavitch – stop the insanity! Please – focus on avodas Hashem and helping to bring the geulah haamitis v’hashleyma by being mechazek yourselves and your bretheren in avodas Hashem and shmiras hamitzvos, not by waiving silly flags and screaming bizarre pronouncements.

    Please!

  • 68. Yoseph Yitzchak wrote:

    Reb Yehudah Laufer,

    Can you beleive that is how these people think and rationalize??!!

    I compare these people and their convictions to the neturei karta. Their beleifs and commitment to it. Their warped and wrong way of thinking. Obviously it’s very different but it’s an interesting food for thought into how people can become what they are. Well, it’s much worse then the nk and much more dangerous…………….

  • 69. Proud to be Lubavitch wrote:

    yehuda laufer,
    No lubavitcher uses the term zt“l when refering to our Rabbeim. Go back to where ever you came from and take”yoseph yitzchok” with you!

  • 70. YL wrote:

    What is so wrong with making a shvil?
    I think the Rebbe would be proud that his chassidim remember him and try to make 770 feel like the Rebbe is still here with us.

    I don’t understand why we can’t focus all our powerful energy drives to the right places.

    Does the shvil bother you so much?!

    If you don’t agree … fine I still love you as a fellow Jew. Why can’t you love me as a Jew?

    Lubavitch come together! Can’t you realize its the Yetzer Horah causng all the fights!

    I may not agree with you but I still love every Jew from the bottom of my heart!

    Moshiach Now!

  • 71. THE ARI wrote:

    get a life all of you. the rebbe knew full well his own histalkus was due on gimel tamuz…just look in hayoim yoim for that day…proof he was a navi even as the ramash. do you really believe the rebbe did not anticipate the mis- interpretations and innuendoes that would result in his histalkus. he did not attempt to diminish references to himself as moshiach (menachem shmo and the like)and pronounce he is here amongst us! the world poutside ;lubavitch did not accept this before gimel tamuz and are not bothered now but we did believe and that belief was diminished by the rebbe in any firm or fashion by the rebbe prior to his histalkus because, as reb yoel eloquently says, the rebbe is alive. we cant see him tough on us its our failing but just get on with job hye gave us. the rebbe is looking over our shoulders and when he’s ready with hashems haskoma well see him soon enough. like the babi sali said the r4eason the rebbe did not go to EY is the same as moshe rabenu…the rebbe would have shamed everyone in his presense. imagine this bickering and bantering now in front of the rebbe, how ashamed we would be to have the rebbe hear and see how much time we have wasted on denegarding each other as to whether the rebbe is or not moshiach, is alive or not alive. just get on with it and we’ll find out soon enough.

  • 72. Yossi wrote:

    What was the point in posting this article, kids read this, next time you have such a article mail it (even tho it will cost a lot of $) it’s still worth it that kids will not read it.

  • 73. tzudrait wrote:

    Some people are just … DON’T HAVE THEIR HEADS SCREWED ON STRAIGHT!! Just live a normal life, raise your children and give over the message to bring moshiach.

  • 74. richardlionheart96@msn.com wrote:

    laufer you hippocrite. busy preaching how we should be busy with limud hatorah kiruv rechokim and shmiras hamitzvaohs…………so reading this trash and responding to it is not bitul torah? you all need a check up from the neck up! if all of us put as much energy into our kids chinuch, improving the standards of the teachers and content and especially in the homes we would all be doing the rebbe a big favour. this is laughable folks.yes the rebbe is here now get on with life.

  • 75. THE ARI wrote:

    get a life all of you. the rebbe knew full well his own histalkus was due on gimel tamuz…just look in hayoim yoim for that day…proof he was a navi even as the ramash. do you really believe the rebbe did not anticipate the mis- interpretations and innuendoes that would result in his histalkus. he did not attempt to diminish references to himself as moshiach (menachem shmo and the like)and pronounce he is here amongst us! the world poutside ;lubavitch did not accept this before gimel tamuz and are not bothered now but we did believe and that belief was diminished by the rebbe in any firm or fashion by the rebbe prior to his histalkus because, as reb yoel eloquently says, the rebbe is alive. we cant see him tough on us its our failing but just get on with job hye gave us. the rebbe is looking over our shoulders and when he’s ready with hashems haskoma well see him soon enough. like the babi sali said the r4eason the rebbe did not go to EY is the same as moshe rabenu…the rebbe would have shamed everyone in his presense. imagine this bickering and bantering now in front of the rebbe, how ashamed we would be to have the rebbe hear and see how much time we have wasted on denegarding each other as to whether the rebbe is or not moshiach, is alive or not alive. just get on with it and we’ll find out soon enough.

  • 76. Ker a Velt Heint wrote:

    Reb Mendel Futerfas would repeat the famous saying of Reb Itche “Der Masmid,” uttered years ago when, to the fleshly eye, it appeared as if the Rebbe Rayatz had lost his power of speech. “The Rebbe isn’t sick!” Reb Itche had explained. “Der Rebbe iz gezunt! The world is just too coarse to be able to hear him.”

    Reb Mendel would also repeatedly emphasize the necessity of having emuna not only in Hashem but in chachomim and tzaddikim, which is why it states “Moshe commanded us the Torah” and “Remember the Torah of Moshe My servant,” even though the Torah is obviously Hashem’s. Only when a Jew has one hundred percent faith in “Moshe Rabbeinu,” when he is completely connected to the Rebbe, can he have true faith in Hashem. If, G-d forbid, his emuna in Moshe Rabbeinu is flawed, his emuna in Hashem is also defective.

    I cannot overemphasize an obvious fact: The Rebbe shlita is chai v’kayam in a physical body, in the physical world. This is a truism in the category of “anything else is an impossibility.” According to Chassidus, the world simply cannot exist without a living Rebbe in a physical body.

    The most compelling proof is that every Chabad Chassid unequivocally accepted this as literal truth before Gimmel Tammuz. It was openly touted by mainstream Chabad publications: Kfar Chabad magazine, Sichat HaShavua, etc., even though in the natural order it was even then an impossibility. (Who among us isn’t familiar with the famous sicha of Motzaei Shabbos Parshas Truma 5748 in which the Rebbe emphasized several times that he was “not speaking about histalkus, G-d forbid”?) That the Rebbe is alive is something so absolute that no proofs are necessary. No proof can prove an axiom, nor can any ostensible contradiction threaten our faith. Pure and simple emuna is not open to argument.

    In the same way that no one would ever suggest that a person can live for even a minute without a head, so too does Chassidus explain that the world cannot exist for even a second without a live, physical Rebbe.

    Before Gimmel Tammuz, not a single Chabad Chassid doubted that according to Torah there could be no histalkus. So what happened? Are we supposed to change what the Torah says just because it’s suddenly unpopular? Anyone who even considers the notion is following his own theology rather than Hashem’s.

    As the Rebbe shlita said way back in 5710, “Der Rebbe hot altz bavorent” (The Rebbe foretold everything). How much more so does this apply today!

    I cannot believe that even the biggest fool would seriously consider that the Rebbe didn’t anticipate Gimmel Tammuz, that it came as a surprise to him or was against his will. How can anyone think that the Nasi HaDor would neglect to tell us what is expected of us after Zach Adar and Gimmel Tammuz?

    Any responsible person in a position of leadership would anticipate the future, let alone a manhig Yisroel and prophet, the Nasi HaDor and Melech HaMoshiach. The Rebbe knew exactly what would occur, and foresaw everything.

    Furthermore, the Rebbe stressed that this would be the responsibility of each and every one of us.

    Before Gimmel Tammuz, everyone spoke about the Rebbe as Moshiach and nobody batted an eyelash. The banner “Yechi Adoneinu Moreinu V’Rabbeinu Melech HaMoshiach L’olam Va’ed” appeared each week on the opening page of Kfar Chabad magazine. If that’s not publicly identifying Moshiach, what is? Every Chabad publication touted the Rebbe as Moshiach, clarified the concept, and called upon the whole world to accept his sovereignty.

    Only after Gimmel Tammuz did some people scramble to find other explanations for what has always been eminently clear. But of course, these new interpretations were not given to Moshe at Sinai! And anyone claiming that the Rebbe deliberately misled us, G-d forbid, for such a long period of time, is obviously not the kind of person to determine what is permissible and what is forbidden according to Torah.

    Every action we take must be with a single goal in mind: Moshiach. As the Rebbe commented about himself: “I am crazy about Moshiach!”

    The acceptance of Moshiach’s sovereignty must come from below, from the people, which is why we cannot wait for explicit directives. And in order to accept Moshiach’s sovereignty, the world has to know who Moshiach is.

    In other words, there was no stroke and no histalkus in the usual sense. In fact, the concept of histalkus does not pertain to the ninth generation, which will seamlessly pass into the era of eternal life. The process of refining the sparks of holiness has been completed. The period we are now going through is for the sole purpose that we act as if under our own power and do all we can to bring Moshiach.

    The Rebbe has placed his trust in us. He is watching each of us intently, waiting for us to fulfill our mission. With true achdus and love for one another, we will overcome all obstacles and make the Final Redemption a reality.

  • 77. Yoseph Yitzchak wrote:

    Ker a Velt Heint,

    Oyy G-T in Himmel.
    You sound so convincing, you even have the Torah showing us you are right. You have perfectly woven eveything together and it makes so much sense.

    That’s why you are dangerous and those who think like you are dangerous. This is why you are a danger to all Lubavitchers and all of Klal Yisroel as a whole. Your beleifs will eventually fizzle out and be forgotten. Hopefully sooner than later.

  • 78. Yoseph Yitzchak wrote:

    proud to be a lubavitcher,

    Wah Wah WAh, can we take Reb Yoel with us?
    Your a crazy fanatic. The Rebbe passed away and is no longer here. Moshiach will come and who it is I don’t care. The Rebbe never said he’s Moshiach nor implied it. Do you think the Rebbe cared who Moshiach is? The Rebbe had better things to care about like bringing Moshiach. Why are you so worried about the Rebbe being Moshiach what is that your concern? G-d decides who Moshiach it has nothing to do with you or anyone down here! What will it do for us if one person is Moshiach or another is? The result is the same. What your doing is very dangerous and has no point!! As you can see the people who are called “tsaftim” started off as regular moshichist and now their are some other creature. What comes next with them I shudder to think!!!!!!! You are on the same path. Refuah Shelaima to you!

  • 79. Moishe wrote:

    Ladies and Gentlemen,

    Please not how Reb Yoel is not arguing against the normative Chabad belief that the Rebbe will be the Moshiach when the right time comes speedily in our days.

    In his very own holy words:

    “…The right shitah is to say the truth: That now the Rebbe is also alive and affects us here physically. That after Gimmel Tamuz 1994 no change has occurred in the relationship between the Rebbe and chassidim – no change as the Rebbe relates to chassidim and no change as chassidim relate to the Rebbe.

    ”Chazal tell us (in Sotah 13b) that just like Moses was standing in service of G-d before he became 120 so too he is standing in the service of G-d after 120. It is brought down in holy books that this is said not only of Moses but of all true leaders of Israel in every generation especially in the sichos where the Rebbe speaks of the “hiskashrus” to the Previous Rebbe.

    “Obviously, this pertains to the Rebbe too as it is written in Zohar that ”when a Tzaddik departs he is to be found in all the worlds more than in his lifetime.“

    ”The difference between the Rebbe Rashab and the Rebbe is that since the Rebbe Rashab had a son who replaced him the “hashpo” goes through the new leader and Moses of that respective generation. But in the case of the Rebbe since he did not leave anybody to replace him, he continues to affect us just like before.… [One must ask, if this is true (it is not), does this mean every childless leader of Jews is still leading us, even many years or centuries after their deaths? This bizarre thought is now normative in Chabad. – Shmarya.]

    Just like before Gimmel Tammuz 1994 people from all walks of life, not only Lubavitchers, would come to the Rebbe on Sundays to receive a dollar and ask for a blessing and witnessed outright miracles today too people from all walks of life come to the Ohel and are blessed with what they need. Some people make a special trip just for that. They land in Kennedy airport, go to the Ohel and fly back just as they came to the Rebbe before Gimmel Tamuz.…

    Vda”l

    Yosef Yitzchok, and the rest of you nutty wackjobs who are trying to misinterpert his words, get your glasses checked.

  • 80. Chabadsker wrote:

    Mr. “Yosef Yitzchok” and Laufer, You fellows are definitely not chasidiei Chabad and certainly not followers of the Rebbe. No proof is needed more than your own posts. You are so concerned that Chas V’sjhalom if a chosid thinks the Rebbe might possibly be Moshiach. Get a life, if you don’t car WHO Moshiach is, then stop your hypocrisy and cease your comments against the POSSIBILITY of the Rebbe being Moshaich. If you really don’t care, you wouldn’t be making such a big deal about. Ela mai, you do care, you aren’t a chosid of the Rebbe, rather a misnaged who is trying to impose your radicle anti views that none else in Lubavitch, including Reb Yoel Khan Shlita would ever agree with.

    Every part of your comments reak of hisnagdus to Lubavitch and the Rebbe. GO BACK TO THE ROS YESIVA that sent you here to make this trouble. ENOUGH, we don’t need your erev rav amongs us.
    You twist the words of the Rebbes of Chabad, all the Nesie hador of the 7 Royal generations of Chabad. You call the Rebbe c”v mistaken. What other rubish do you have to say? Offer it to your minagdishe commrades, it’s more their style and aint gonna sell here.

    Yes Chabad does love every Jew, including kofrim like you. However trying to twist Chabad Chasidus into your warped musar that you try to shlep into us just won’t happen. So, either leave the nonsense behind, or stay where were you wree until today, and when Moshaich finaly does come (bimhayra) then peace will reign amongst all factions of Yiddishkeit,egardless of hsis identity.

    Truth be told, I frnakly don’t either care who Moshaich is as long as he just come already andnrevaela himself, redeaming worl Jewry freom all our tzures. The difference between us though is that as a chosid, I will never denounce the possibility for our Rebbe to be Moshaich and oen who can utter thoghts, forget the words you write, is certainly a blatant MISNAGID.

    No Lubavitcher is forcing you to believe that the Rebbe IS Vadai Moshiach. No one is forcing YOU to believe that the Rebbe is ALIVE beguf gashmi, despite the fact that if you read Reb Yoel’s words he speaks long those lines as well, stati g that not much ah changed in the vitality of the Rebbe since 3 Tammuz.

    BUT YOU ARE INSISTING ON FORCING CHASSDIM TO STOP THEIR BELIEFE IN THE REBBE’S POSSIBILITY OF BEING MOSHIACH! That is total rishus, which there is absolutely no place for in Chabad Lubavitch!

  • 81. Ker a Velt Heint wrote:

    Maybe consider for a moment that you are the dangerous one,(Amalek) cooling of Jews who have perfect trust that the Rebbe, who has a 100% track record will not let us down. And regardless of your feelings that those who truly believe are dangerous, these feelings stem, primarily from lack of learning, and from using your own logic, as well as bitterness r“l then you are the one who should address your problem of not being able to accept the facts as given to us by the Rebbe.

    I have quoted sources to substantiate our position and viewpoint and we will remain steadfast until we succeed. The Rebbe said on Chof Ches Nisan sicha, that it will be 1,2,3 who will be stubborn who will achieve this goal. We who are amongst the ”stubborn ones“ stand proud and will not be intimidated by those who try to ”cool us down” by bringing Amalek )numerical value of sofek) in to play. They will not succeed. So forget about fizzling out and being forgotten. It just wont happen, not whilst we, our children,and grandchildren,our Talmidim, and our Mekusharim are alive. If anything, the inner resolve becomes stronger, thanks to your hisnagdus.

  • 82. whatammireading? wrote:

    The Rebbe ch”v made a mistake? YL, i dont know who you are but you are not one of us. no Chossid would ever say that.

  • 83. Authentic Lubav wrote:

    To Yosef Yitzchok:

    “The Rebbe had better things to do than to bring Moshiach” That is beyond words. Stop being phony and come out of the closet, admit you are a bitter misnagid who cant stand lubavitch. And get rid of your name it doesnt suit you. How dare you talk about our Rebbe that way, your lies are dispicable. Anti or Mishachist, no Lubav talks that way. Go away you are pathetic.
    REFUAH SHELAMA TO YOSEF YITZCHOK (or what ever your real name is)

  • 84. The Rebbe ZTVKLLH H NBG M ZY A is alive! wrote:

    To ker a velt heint:

    Let’s say all your beliefs are correct, including that “The Rebbe shlita is chai v’kayam in a physical body, in the physical world” as you put it, and that all you write is substantiated by the Rebbe’s words.

    However, all this is no excuse for ignoring what halacha says, that in such a situation, even if it’s only “l’eyney bosor” we tear kriah, say kaddish etc. (there’s no obligation according to halacha to check whether the reality may be different than what can be determined just by seeing. Halacha is decided according to eyney bosor!)

    And therefore as chasidim, all the directives of the Rebbe b’nogeya yud shvat should be done on gimel tamuz too, and that is a way to connect to the Rebbe, even in his “physically alive” state!

    The expressions I put at the header to this comment are thus no contradiction whatsoever to the reality of the Rebbe being alive, as that’s what halacha dictates is done in such a case as we experinced on gimel tamuz!

    It’s inconceivable that the Rebbe, who was known as the “ish halacha”, would say sichos whose sole message is to instruct chasidim that they don’t need to follow halacha!

    In fact this very point is mentioned in the very sicha you quote, when on Shabbos Parshas Terumah 5710 he said that “That which happened is only from our material point of view. It is nothing more than a trial… to conceal the truth,” he continues (which for some reason was left out by ker a velt heint):

    “But some explanation is still required as to why al pi Torah we need to say kaddish etc.!”

    In other words, the Rebbe is now taking a stand that a histalkus on Yud Shvat DIDN’T HAPPEN (because if it did happen and the Rebbe RaYaTz is only alive spiritually, the need to say kaddish would not require any further explanation) –

    But still that doesn’t even make any doubt arise as to the need for kaddish etc., even though there is no explanation for it, because halacha says so!

    And yes, I know there is a big difference between dor hashishi and dor hashvii (see Parshas Bo 5752 where it states that with dor shishi there was in fact a histalkus but not dor hashvii), but in the 5710 sicha you see clearly that even in the case of a trial which has no basis in reality, halacha must still be kept, even though “explanation is still required” to reconcile the halacha with the reality.

    For the record, I say Yechi myself and write “shlita,” but I don’t believe there is any inyan to publicize that the Rebbe is alive.

    If common sense would prevail, the two camps in Lubavitch ought never to have split up, since b’etzem there is very little difference between them, but maaseh soton has intervened and unfortunately driven some of our leaders onto the path of extremism, to make the gap wider and wider.

    We should remember that “bnei ish echod anachnu”, and through behavior in such spirit we should merit the true redemption, when the Rebbe Melech Hamoshiach ZTzVKLLH“H NBG”M ZY“A zol gezunt zein (yes, there is no contradiction!) will take us out of golus bekorov mamosh NOW and then ALL chasidim, Meshichist and anti alike, will be able to say with pride ”Yechi Adoneinu Moreinu Verabeinu Melech Hamoshiach Leoilom Voed.”

  • 85. YYS wrote:

    TO Yehoshua Laufer & Yoseph Yitzchock:

    Since you two are SO interested in FACTS and TRUTH, please enlighten us as to the statistics of EXACTLY how many people, who were FERVANT, FARKOCHTER meshiachists, and then, R“L, BECAUSE of thier ”misguided“ ”dangerous“ belief, they left yiddishkeit and frumkeit?

    According to you guys, it would be somewhere near approximately 10-20% of the TOTAL population!?

    Unless you guys want to volunteer your services, I really don’t think you’ll get any money from Krinsky/Shemtov. {By proclaiming the Rebbe a NOT-Moshiach} They already have paid employees, and I don’t think they are looking for any more.

    By the way, the ONLY ”problems“ that are caused by the moshiach campaign, are the IDIOTS who tell people that the Rebbe is R”L no-more, and that everything related to his physical presence have ceased as of gimmel tammuz!

    TO: The Meshugehneh who wrote“…The gemara states.. although there was a kvurah and the people saw him being buried, nevertheless, Mah Zar’oi bachayim!! He is alive!! As long as the members of Agudas Chasidei Chabad are alive b’gashmius; He is alive b’gashmius!!!!” Do you mean the “members” who said you should not/are not allowed to learn all the sichos starting from mem-ches mem-zayin through nun-bais because “..they are the rantings of someone who does not know what he is saying”!?

    THEY ARE “Zar’oi bachayim!!”?????

  • 86. Yoseph Yitzchak wrote:

    Whah Whah Whah !!

    I must say I’m really hurt with all your very tough words against me.
    You guys who have written above have no basis for what you have been saying, if someone says the things I say than they must be a misnagid? I’m not sure where you people live and my guess would be in Crown Heights because thats where most of the people who think like you are from and live.I would probably not be so far off in saying that you people don’t have much to do with Chabad outside of Crown Heights maybe a son or daughter in one place or another but thats it. I have lots to do with certain Chabad communities in Los Angeles, Toronto, Miami and Monsey NY. I know the heads of the Yeshivos in these places and various Rabbonim and Shluchim in these places. They may not say the things I have written but certainly agree with me and think that you are crazy/dangerous people. They wouldn’t in a million years be mishaddech with your families (yes that’s right and you know it) We can write here all we want but each of us knows what they know and knows the real truth about how and what others feel.
    Once again, what these people who are called “tsaftim” or “taliban” do, puts them in the Halachik catagory of “Apikores”. If you have any knowledge and some sanity you would know this. I have also said that those who are what we call “moshichist” are on a very dangerous thin line of ice. What they do and think is wrong and dangerous and does not fit in with how a Jew should think and act. I don’t understand the relationship between a Rebbe and a Chossid? I don’t understand what it means to be a Chossid? Thats your personal crazy opinion and based on the fact that I know some other things you beleive I couldn’t care if you called me a misnagid or even C”V a shabbos goy!
    Yoseph (with a ph) Yitzchak

  • 87. We want moshaich now wrote:

    “…(including the customs that the Rebbe instructed to observe pertaining to Yud Shvat) this borders on going against the Torah.”

    We’re still waiting for you to explain why it’s against the torah. Yes, pehaps bordering but against the Torah, I fail to see.

    “…and if someone will ask but we see that that no one has arisen from the dead, they’ll answer you: according to the sicha it’s definite that they have arisen – you’re just imagining that they have not.”

    Not bad. You must be well educated to forsee their answers.

  • 88. 7th grader, beis rivkah wrote:

    To authentic Lubab:
    Yosef Yitschak DID NOT, write
    “The Rebbe had better things to do than to bring Moshiach” but actually, he wrote: ”The Rebbe had better things to care about LIKE BRINGING MOSHIACH!!!!!!”
    ok?? next time, check your sources before getting so heated up about nothing.
    Thank you in advance.

  • 89. Menachem Mendy wrote:

    Sir YosePH Yitzchok,

    Most of the people posting on this website are in their teens and are in the know of what is actually happening today in Lubavitch. We are Lubavitch. The Farbreingens, Mitzvah Tanks, Mitzoim, Chassidus, Yeshiva, Mikvah et al – that is us the Temimim. Indeed es past nisht for a bachur from Tomchei temimim to waist his time commenting on a web blog. However, to blur out, obliterate and annihilate the shtusim v’avulim that you write it is a CHOIV for us to write here, despite the kashye of what were doing on-line lichatchile.

    You stupidly ridiculous comments here very loudly speak for themselves. One mustn’t be a rocket scientist or theologian to determine that you are not made of chassidishe bainer. Your blatant hisnagdus to the Rebbe, so adamantly determined to MAKE SURE that the Rebbe could Chas V’shalomv v’chalilia be Moshiach. Meile, if you maintained like you partially say that it really doesn’t bother you whether the Rebbe IS or isn’t Moshiach, as long as whoever Moshias is , he should just be misgale himself already, we are all more than sick enough of Galus, iz ain zach. But the lashoinos that you use, I don’t know which Roshei yeshiva you claim to be affiliated with, but of any of the ones you claim to mention in your post would actually see what you wrote, they wouldn’t ever talk to you again.They have the same views as mainstream Lubavitch. Reb Yoel, Rav Yuddel Krinsky, all the mazkirus believe clearly that the Rebbe is the Moshiach of our dor. They will never deny that, ever. No Rosh Yeshiva in Lubavitch will either. The posts commenting on this site are not defending the “taliban” they are condemning your marginal meshugane views. They are alien from Lubavitch, convince yourself what you may.

    The way you speak sounds very clearly like a misnaged, or shall I say wreaks of hisnagdus to the Rebbe and Lubavitch. SHAME ON YOU. For a balibus who has kids to waist his time to prove his narishe pointless point, is a great shame.

    We will not be deterred. By learning all of the Rebbe’s sichos and maamorim perhaps you can actually become mekusher to the Rebbe and you will automatically give up your ruach shtus temporary spirit of folly.

  • 90. Yehudah Laufer wrote:

    I find all of your angry responses to be so disheartening. You “proved” that I am not chassidish? I do not have to reveal my pedigree to you but rest assured I am no misnaged!

    1) “ZT’L” – one of you enlightened souls commented above that I must be an imposter because no Lubavitcher would use the term zatzal in referring to the Rebbe. How wrong you are (and how sad that is). I guess you forgot about the little court battle about exactly that phrase! Furthermore, I don’t care if I am the last person on earth to show true kavod to the Rebbe by referring to him as zatzal – zecher tzadik levracha (a pasuk in Mishlei). The fact that people refuse to ascribe this title to the Rebbe further shows how terrible the situation is. T’NU KAVOD LATORAH!!!!

    2) I did not say that the Rebbe was “wrong”, in fact I was clear to say that perhaps the dor did not merit the geula ha’amitis v’hashleyma and therefore the cheshbon changed klapey shmaya. HOWEVER, I quoted the rambam in hilchos melachim regarding Rebbe Akiva “vekol chachmey yisroel” for a reason. The Rambam – who we (hopefully) study daily – writes that Rebbe Akiva and ALL of the chachmey yisroel were mistaken. And as I wrote, our history is replete with predictions that did not pan out.

    Rabbosai – you can try to dismiss the content of my message by falsely attacking my character and ascribing tainted lineage and philosophical beliefs to me that I do not have. But the time has come to wake up. I personally refuse to allow the great name and legacy of nesi dorainu to be dragged through the mud and descrated daily by those so blinded my their own insanity that ohr is choshech and choshech is ohr.

    Since the beginning of the history of klal yisroel we have had great leaders who could not be replaced. Yet klal yisroel accepted their petirah and was mekabel new manhigim. When Moshe Rabbein was niftar there was nobody nearly as great as him (nor has there been since) to assume his role. But we had no choice and we marched on.

    We must honor the legacy of the Rebbe by living by his words and ingraining his whisdom into the fabric of society. But we also must accept reality. The Rebbe was niftar – ledavoneinu uletza’areinu. He was niftar like the six Rebbes who preceded him and like that gedolei umnahigey yisroel of previous generations. Pretending otherwise will not change that but it WILL dilute the Rebbe’s message and make it more difficult to implement his wishes and follow his derech.

  • 91. Yoseph Yitzchak wrote:

    Menachem Mendy,

    I post comments on this website for a few reasons. I cannot stand what goes on in my Lubavitch and I find this a way to vent my frustration. While I beleive that my writings won’t have a big huge effect on what anyone believes, I say “you never know”. Many years ago I was a young Bochur sucked in to the same hype that you are still being fed today. I had the same beliefs you have. B”H my older brother came to me one day and directed me on to the right track. Therefore I can say that I understand how you and the others feel I understand the hype and the thinking that you have. I also know where that kind of thinking will lead to and how wrong it is.
    Obviously from your first paragraph you are a confused youngster. Your parents have the internet in the home, they probably also have a tv. You go to Yeshiva and are told that these are things to keep away from. The problem is you have it here right in your home, how are you supposed to keep away? Also your parents obviously think it’s ok to do.
    I disagree. I think that there are many adults who post comments. Look at most of the posts on this article, most are written by adults.
    Your telling me a great chiddush here. If you have a Chassidesher family, a family which conducts their daily life according to the Torah and Halacha. This family follows the Minhagai Chassidei Chabad. This family went to the Rebbe’s Fabreingens, learns Chasidus and the Sichos of the Rebbe. The children have been brought up in Chabad Mossdos and Daven at Lubavitcher Shuls. The fact that I’m not a moshichsit and the fact that I don’t concern myself with the identity of Moshiach now makes me a misnagid, it now makes me someone who has no respect for the Rebbe, it makes me a moshugane with alien views???
    Menachem Mendy, if you believe that to be true then you and your family and all those like you are not sane people.

  • 92. someone who-s a moshiachist despite you wrote:

    REPLY TO YOSEPH YITZCHOCK & MR. LAUFER:

    After reading all of your comments, I have come to the conclusion that you both profess to be fervently concerned with the Kovod of the Rebbe, the dignity of the Rebbe, etc.

    Having said that, I am quite puzzled by the fact that, as you have both stated, you (two) have been around Crown Heights & Lubavitch for a long time, (many years – at least before gimmel tammuz,) so how is it that when the so-called “leaders” of Lubavitch today, people who are today the top officals of Lubavitch, came out publically and said that “…when the Rebbe spoke the sichos of mem-tes, nun, nun-alef, nun-bais – these were the ”rantings“ of an individual who suffered a stroke, and as such, you can’t/shouldn’t learn them.” Do such remarks not besmirch and dishonor the kovod of a NOSEI HADOR?!

    Where was your concern for the Kovod of the Rebbe then!? Since you consider yourselves righteous zealots, who are “selflessly” preoccupied with defending the honor of a Tzaddik, Why is this ONLY relevant when you shamelessly proclaim your kefi’rah’diker opinions for those who choose to act on the directives of the holy Rebbe?
    It is, and always has been public knowledge that the Rebbe fully acknowledged the Moshiach campaign, which started in earnest approximately during nun-aleph and nun-bais. Do you both profess to consider yourselves smarter than the holy Rebbe?! {Whom, you compare to Rabbi Akiva – who made “mistakes”?!}

  • 93. Menachm Mendy wrote:

    My response to YosePH Yitzchok and Laufer,

    Who are you to prophecy that I have a tv c’v in my house. Never did I or my parents have one or entertain the thought to have one. That is total chutzpa for you to say such a thing. It just goes to show about your repugnant personality. Only misnagdim have the nature of making such wild accusations. Also, if you read my post properly you’d see that I also am not from the camp of those who decide or spends my koch in deciding who Moshiach must be. But as a chosid of the Rebbe, I would never deny the possibility for the Rebbe to be, not that I spend my day identifying who Moshiach is (even though Rebbe quoted more than once that “Moshiach Menachem shmoi”, and that doesn’t refer to me!).
    We do have a daily shiur in Yeshiva in Inyunei Geulah UMoshiach as the Rebbe has clearly instructed all Chassidim to have, in fact the Rebbe himself said that he is ‘crazy about Moshiach’. So those of us who do study these subject as ALL who claim to be chassdidm should be are well versed in this subject B“H.

    My taineh to you is not that you aren’t identifying who Moshiach is, rather your koch in identifying who Moshiach isn’t. It is unheard of for one who considers himself to officially be a chosid of the Rebbe to be so adamantly against the possibility for his Rebbe to be Moshiach. Perhaps you already found yourself a new Rebbe, doir hashmini, if you did then kol hakavod to you and stick with him, maybe one day you’ll believe that he is Moshiach.

    We are not telling you that you must believe the Rebbe to Moshiach, but when you make such a shturem against the Rebbe, saying that he is absolutely NOT Moshiach then you are not a chosid. If you claim that you really don’t care who Moshiach is, then why are you fighting not only the ”meshichists” but almost all of normative Lubavitch, including all the Mashpiyim and Roshei Yeshiva. They would never ever get up publicly or even privately declaring the Rebbe not to be Moshiach. They may not impose on others to believe that he is, which is fine. But you are the only one viciously fighting the battle against the Rebbe to be a candidate or possibly be Moshaich. It’s like the rest of us are fine and ready to accept Moshiach as whoever he may be, even if he’s a litvok. Buy you will not accept Moshiach if the Rebbe appears to be, so because Moshiach for you is anyone but Chas Veshalom the Rebbe.

    That is exactly how you make yourself sound. If you feel otherwise, then make yourself clear. Till then for the rest of us, the way you and Laufer speak – you are certainly misnagdim and very clearly not =made of Lubavitch bainer, because no chosid would ever even have such vilder thoughts forget about writing the meshugasen you did.

    P.S. and really a father of children should have better things to do with his time than chatter with young buchrim online. If you frequent this iste and have time to post your comenst here, then mestame you visit other websites too and who knows what’s c’v next/! And is that the kind of hashpoa you are trying to convey to your kinderlach? Do you tell them them in Yeshiva that the Rebbe is c’v dead and bygone, now we’ve passed into dor hashmini and the Rebbe c’v lied when he told us that we are the final dor of galsu and the first for Geulah.Do you tell your kids that Rebbe was gving us false hope when he tirelssly screamed about the imminet coming of Moshiach.

    Todays buchrim are clearly the ones in the vanguard to bring Moshiach, becay=use despite their views and opions we are the ones fighting the battle of assimilation with Mivtzoyim and we are the ones learning almost all dya (even right now) and we are occupied with studying inyoneiy G&M with the Rebbe’s sichos and Maamorim including tjhose of previous Rabbeim as well. The hisnagdus we get form people like you, thus far has yet to deter us away.

    AD MOSAI?!!

  • 94. Berl wrote:

    1. The man has no credibility on any issue that pertains to anything practical, nor has he any clue about real-life-related. Would you ever dream of asking him an eitzoh as you would from a kluge mashpia? (Don’t answer this).

    2. He should be the very last person to point his accusing finger at the people that have simply taken his very extremist views and ran with them. Instead, he should be pointing at these nuts and proclaim, “Reu gedulim shegidalti!” In any normal place anyone that was so wrong on a major public policy issue, would be expected to stay out of policy-setting debates. Why not ba unz?

    3. The substance of what he says in the interview is also very naive and childish. If you have people amongst you that are doing things that are ‘worse than yevsektzia’, what kind of crap is this about ‘love them but not their shitteis’? How about ‘purge the impurity from your machane’ instead? How about an honest analysis of was has brought so many people to a state where they feel they have a license to explain with smug certainty the precise meaning of all of the Rebbe’s statements that seem to present any kind of difficulty or are not easily nitfos behavono vehasogo? What was it that empowered people to cast away any feeling of bittul or self-doubt when approaching the keidesh hokodoshim of the Rebbe’s Teiroh? What was it that has taken away people’s ability to live with contradictions without a compulsive and ugly need to have an ‘explanation’ for every difficulty?

    4. Also, what is this weird talk that ‘our job is leharbeis dem Rebben’s koveid’? Really now? Who gave us this job? The Rebbe? Was it the same Rebbe that has started the aggressive messianic campaign of 1992-94? Or is this simply another ‘brilliant’ public campaign courtesy of Reb Yoel?

    Sad, really. The world would be a much better place if people would stick to what they are good at. In case of Reb Yoel, another few volumes of seifer hoerchin chabad would be a much better contribution than all of his worthless opining over the last 57 years.

  • 95. questions to YYS and some moshiachist wrote:

    To YYS:

    You write:

    “The ONLY ”problems“ that are caused by the moshiach campaign, are the IDIOTS who tell people that the Rebbe is R”L no-more, and that everything related to his physical presence have ceased as of gimmel tammuz!”

    And you know this how? Did you conduct a survey of all those who were “turned off” or were nisrachek from Lubavitch, that you know exactly what caused it? And do you really think that NOT A SINGLE PERSON was nisrachek because of the meshichisten, but ONLY from the antis?

    What about proclaiming the Rebbe as G-d? That’s not merachek people (to say nothing of avoda zara)?

    Obviously what is merachek people is if people (from EITHER side) go to extreme measures or don’t present their case properly, but if the pirsum (of WHATEVER side) is done with taste and with havonoh v’hasogoh, then no one should be turned off.

    Also, the Rebbe being “R”L no-more” and “everything related to his physical presence” ceasing as you put it, are IN NO WAY the same thing. Everyone agrees the Rebbe is here b’ruchniyus, which by a tzaddik is the main thing anyway. So even if (as you believe and I do too) the Rebbe is here physically too, I don’t see how there can be such a huge “problem” because of people saying he is not, as they agree he is here in any way that matters.

    Then you write:

    “… who said you should not/are not allowed to learn all the sichos starting from mem-ches mem-zayin through nun-bais because “..they are the rantings of someone who does not know what he is saying””

    Also, “Someone who-s a moshiachist despite you” wrote:

    “the so-called “leaders” of Lubavitch today, people who are today the top officals of Lubavitch, came out publically and said that “…when the Rebbe spoke the sichos of mem-tes, nun, nun-alef, nun-bais – these were the ”rantings“ of an individual who suffered a stroke, and as such, you can’t/shouldn’t learn them.””

    I never heard this claim made, not even privately and certainly not publicly. The only thing I heard (and even that is only hearsay) was that “we cannot understand those sichos.” Where did you get this information from, that anyone referred (publicly!) to the sichos as “rantings”?

    I’d advise you not to believe any shmutz you hear without it being substantiated. Even if you claim it’s widely known (which it isn’t, at least to me) there is still no obligation to believe loshon hora, much to go repeating it on blogs.

    To “someone,” your girsa particularly doesn’t make sense, as I was not aware the Rebbe had a stroke in mem tes.

    Shmuel

  • 96. Yoseph Yitzchak wrote:

    Some of you people who write messages supply your email addresses too. I’ve noticed that Mr & MRS Stock are writing a lot. I must say that I think the two of you are huge Am Haaratzim (lol).
    Our big masmid Menachem Mendy who I must say brings me much amusement. He sits here telling me off about going on the internet (something which we are all doing) what a major loser. He warns me about all the dangers and scary stuff I’m going to find here, meanwhile who knows what he’s doing when he’s not telling us what to do here on CH.info. Also if you’ve read a previous post of mine you will understand that I’m not this old man with a huge family delivering my views. Yet I am old enough to have gone to many Farbrengans in my life and have Davened many times in the presence of the Rebbe, something which Menachem Mendy can’t really say much about for himeself.
    What gets me the most is when all these insane people say that if you are someone who beleives that the Rebbe is not Moshiach then it means your not a chossid of the Rebbe. Where do these people come off??
    The Rebbe did not want people to do things which put Lubavitch in a bad light and turn people away. What these people do with splashing Yechi all over the place, from billboards in Manhatten to the NY Post all this does is put Lubavitch and Chassiduss in a bad light. Every other living Jew looks at it and laughs!! If you don’t beleive that than you must be reading this post from the entertainment room at bellvue (where all meshichist belong).
    Someone can be the biggest Chassid around and do everything the Rebbe actually said you should but if he doesnt concern himself with the Rebbe being Moshiach something which the Rebbe never said = all the sudden this person is no Chossid. WHAT A JOKE YOU FOOLS ARE You people are going against the words of MY Rebbe!! thats right mine not yours. Am I going against the words of the Rebbe? NO if I am please show me where and how! Are you going against the actual words of the Rebbe? YES (Not only against the words of the Rebbe, BUT MORE IMPORTANTLY THE TORAH)

  • 97. Mendel wrote:

    @24 I agree with what you said
    As long as their is no possible way for someone to get hold of it and cause Machlokes its ok

  • 98. MOSHIACH NOW wrote:

    @questions to YYS and some moshiachist wrote:

    I am a mishichist but I agree whole heartedlly with that which you wrote to quote:
    “Obviously what is merachek people is if people (from EITHER side) go to extreme measures or don’t present their case properly, but if the pirsum (of WHATEVER side) is done with taste and with havonoh v’hasogoh, then no one should be turned off.”

×

Comments are closed.